Whats wrong with this drawing???

DaveS777

JD - I have no actual physical part. I will be creating it on a 3D printer. But I will post the drawing part - which this tool will help to align onto a 1" diameter shaft...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DaveS777

• JD Mather

• ReMark

• f700es

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks to everyone who tried to help, and others who thought about it; but didn't wish to contribute to the confusion...

I've fixed the various alignment tool drawings. Learned how to use 'align' just a little bit. Really need to know a ton more on that tool; but figured out how to deal with it on a single point basis - which worked for me...

I haven't ever been drawing stuff by eyesight, or willy nilly. Just getting stuff aligned to circular objects is a bit fun. Previously thought 'center' would work; but I believe AutoCad has some 'bugs' or other difficulties when you are 'centering' to a Helix shaped object. Sort of like the 'wobble' which Nestly previously some time back mentioned.

So, when I centered everything - and also put some stuff at origin point - (yeh, I'm using 0,0,0 sometimes) - I thought it was all correct. However, the Helix solid - does not center correctly.

But today, in working to correct it all - I was able to use some Faces, etc. and so I found out that it was not properly centering; and so then I was able to compensate somewhat for the problem. Anyway, I redrew it just a bit; and also dragged in various required solids; and using 'align' etc. and a corrected Center - got this all to fit together with no errors... (At least Mini Magics now declares 'error free')

D.

ROTOR complete.dwg

Alignment Tool 60.dwg

ALIGNMENT Tool 36.dwg

I haven't checked in the latest release - but I think in earlier releases the Helix in AutoCAD was not very precise.

Do you have access to Autodesk Inventor or Fusion 360?