Slicing a cuboid to form tetrahedron

utkarshmttl

Welcome to the CADTutor Forum

Here are the steps you require:

1. create a box to the required size

2. use the slice command with the 3 point option and pick points DAF.

3. pick a point on the side you wish to keep (or keep both)

Thank you so much for your reply but I have already tried the slice command but it did not give me the effect I wanted.

Moreover, after I select I two points, it just asks me to specify a point in the required region or both, without taking input of the third point.

Extremely sorry but I am unable to understand your instructions, is there any possible way for you to demonstrate the kind of effect I want, please? Thanks.

after starting the slice command you can choose an option to change the bahavior of the slice, without selecting the [3 points] option you will only be able to select 2 point and it will apply a slice to the current work plane (or at least this is what i think i does, i never use this). so after you input slice, before you start picking points you must choose the 3 points option. this will allow you to pick the 3 points you require.

Ooops, didnt realise you have figured it out. GJ