The point where the line passes through the plane

Hrcko

Extrude a closed shape (i.e. a rectangle) along said line and call SLICE or SECTION to cut the resulted solid with your plan. Based on how you aligned the shape to the line (corner or middle), will get the desired point.

Mine does but that is just because I decided that was what I wanted to use. Size doesn't matter since the center will still be the center no matter the diameter.

FYI

If you were using Autodesk Inventor - you would simply pick the Point tool, select the curve and the plane - Inventor would place a point at the location where the curve pierces the plane (or complex surface).

FYI

If you were using Autodesk Inventor - you would simply pick the Point tool, select the curve and the plane - Inventor would place a point at the location where the curve pierces the plane (or complex surface).

Hi, JD Mather! :)

No, I am not using Autodesk Inventor. I am using AutoCAD.

ReMark, I can't obtain the picture like your second one, in your last post. :(

In that picture the object on the left would be the remainder of the extruded cylinder after erasing the portion that would be in front of the cutting plane. The object on the right, which in this case is a circle, was derived from exploding the 3D solid cylinder and erasing all unnecessary surfaces leaving just the circular region. I drew in the vertical and horizontal lines, between quadrants, for emphasis.

Re: JDM's post. It's his nice way of saying if one were using Inventor this kind of exercise would be accomplished with far less effort.

Thank you for the detail explanation. Step by step - that is what I need!!! :D

Re: JDM's post. It's his nice way of saying if one were using Inventor this kind of exercise would be accomplished with far less effort.

Yes, and my bad English which prevents me to understand his words. :)

I saw a lot of other problems - and I am trying to decide whether to take (find) the time to show you how I would have done it in AutoCAD. Trouble is - I consider AutoCAD to be something akin to torture and I am not sure I could motivate myself.

You already did a lot for my 3D solid, there is no need to torture yourself by diving into my bad drawing. I will compare my drawing with that you attached and try to learn something.

Thank you and have a nice day. :)

I didn't "fix" anything - a lot of problems with the file I attached. (look directly from back or top views)

There are faces that should be planar, but are not.

• 2 weeks later...

Get an edge view of the cutting plane (be sure that perspective view is off) and use UCS [Enter] V [Enter] to make the UCS parallel to the screen. Now you can use TRIM to trim polylines to the cutting plane. ~lrm