Exporting/Importing Profiles

The_SuperVixen

Please Help.

We're planning on upgrading from MEP 2013 to MEP 2015. We have a custom Ribbon, containing custom programs and also a bunch of Custom Tool Palettes. These are all saved on a network and have all been created by different people over the years, who of course are no longer here.

I've got everything setup on my machine so it all works. I export my profile, save it to a network location, then import it on another user's machine. It doesn't work completely.

The ribbons disappear, I switch to a different workspace, and that brings back the ribbons, but the custom programs, on our custom ribbon don't work.

I was told to copy over the "Profile.aws" file saved locally on my machine (C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\MEP 2015\enu\Support\Profiles) and overwrite the same file on the user's local drive, but that doesn't seem to do it either.

I am admittedly not familiar with editing cuix files. To load the Ribbon I do load a specific cuix file from the network. I'm assuming its something to do with this, but through my research, I haven't had much luck figuring it out. I tried saving my current cuix file to the network and loading this on the user's end, doesn't work either.

I have gotten it to work by editing the Support File Search Path in Options manually first, and then loading the profile, but everyone seems to believe there's no need to have to do this for every user in the office, and our satellite offices. Are they right? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Try this start default MEP with a default profile then load your profile make it current, exit autocad make sure you EXIT!!!! not crash out using the red X.

Ok copy the desktop icon and edit the properties and put your profile in the last bit look for /p yours should be /p yourprofilename. This works for Autocad not sure MEP.

1+... Manually importing a Profile in-session is not the same as launching application with the desired Profile, as Bigal touched on.

You'll want to familiarize yourself with AutoCAD's Startup Switches... Yes, you're using MEP, but that is a vertical that sits on top of vanilla AutoCAD, so the same product functionality applies... Then, setup a custom application icon, with the appropriate switches in Target Property.

Please also note, that specifying the file path and file name of your profile saved to network location via /P switch in application icon's Target Property will only 'load' the Profile if it does not already exist, and simply sets it as active profile when launching from said application icon. If Profile already exists, and is different than that which is stored on the network, the local version that already exists in Registry will be take precedence. To fix, you'll have to delete the current version, and then re-launch, which will re-import - hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Try this start default MEP with a default profile then load your profile make it current, exit autocad make sure you EXIT!!!! not crash out using the red X.

Ok copy the desktop icon and edit the properties and put your profile in the last bit look for /p yours should be /p yourprofilename. This works for Autocad not sure MEP.

Thanks, this seems to work.