In your opinion is ITT Tech Drafting and Design worth anything??

MillerMG

I have my GI Bill that I can use at ITT Tech. Would the Design and Drafting course be worth anything? I am currently in the Civil Field and want to get much more proficient at it. Please, I need some advice. :-)

Welcome to Civilian Life, fellow service member! :beer:

I personally wouldn't go for the ITT Tech Drafting and Design course; however, I would recommend that you seek either an engineering degree (to become a P.E.), or a technology degree (i.e., B.S.C.S., etc.) for either IT generally, or software development. For the latter, you could also obtain your MCSA/MCSE while in college (something I'm only pursuing now), in addition to Cisco certs, etc. which would give you a step up.

I think you find AUGI's Annual Salary Survey to be of particular interest... I personally fell 2.5% shy of Yay! this year, and have a fraction of the tenure my surveyed peer group has, but in addition to managing our CAD, and doing production, I am the only one in-house capable of maintaining our server & client infrastructure (much, much more lucrative than drafting).

Cheers

Each ITT location is different, one in one location may have a decent course while another may be a total waste of time. Ask for a list of former students and see what they think of the one in your area.

I didn't know you were one of us. :) What unit(s) did you serve with and how long?

Myriad CONUS missions after 9/11 in my short 6 years with 3/265; 2 years IRR.

How about you, Murph - your first name's not Audie is it? :P (I really enjoyed his obstacle course, BTW)

Cheers

The ITT branch in my town is known for being a papermill. You get your degree because you paid a lot of money for it, they do not care if you understand the topics on hand. A former professor of mine helped ITT and taught there for a semester when they were in a pinch. He got called to the office one day and talked to because all the students were failing the course for multiple reasons. He was told to pass them all, they had already paid for the class and the school didn't want them to have to repeat the course. What are your other options for schools?

The main reason I am looking at this is because the G.I. will cover it and it is all online. I have looked at engineering degrees. I am three classes shy of my associates of engineering and those three are not even the engineering classes. I have no local colleges/universities that offer a bachelor's in engineering. Which is the main reason I am not persuing that field. All of these post have been such a help. Would love to continue them.

I cannot take a full-time degree that is not online right now. I have work full-time and all the courses that I want/need to take for an engineering degree are not offered at hours where it would be possible to take them. This is extremely frustrating. I want to learn and get better in all aspects of my field. I am making entry level wages and I got to step my game up :-)

Myriad CONUS missions after 9/11 in my short 6 years with 3/265; 2 years IRR.

How about you, Murph - your first name's not Audie is it? :P (I really enjoyed his obstacle course, BTW)

Cheers

No I'm not Audie or even "that" old. :)

Seven years with the 101st and garrison units at Ft. Campbell, 2 years on a mountain top in Alaska, then 13 years in the reserves. I missed Nam by a few months and got out/retired a few years after Desert Storm which I spent 6 months in.

No I'm not Audie or even "that" old. :)

Seven years with the 101st and garrison units at Ft. Campbell, 2 years on a mountain top in Alaska, then 13 years in the reserves. I missed Nam by a few months and got out/retired a few years after Desert Storm which I spent 6 months in.

One (much, much younger :P) AIRBORNE Soldier to another, thank you for your career of Service... Blood On The Risers:

$T2eC16h,!zUE9s39!eu1BRTyZ+HZZg~~60_35.JPG

One (much, much younger :P) AIRBORNE Soldier to another, thank you for your career of Service... Blood On The Risers:

Same to you and the OP even if it was only for 1-2 tours.