Registered forum members do not see this ad.
How to add images to your posts (main editor)
You may, from time-to-time want to add an image to one of your posts. Maybe you have a tutorial to present or perhaps you need an image to explain things more clearly or maybe you just want to show off some of your work.
Whatever the reason, here's what you do:
1. Find the "Insert Image" button on the toolbar of the main (advanced) editor.
Click the "Insert Image" button and the "Add an Image" dialogue box will appear.
2. Click the "Select Files" button to display the "File Upload" dialogue box.
3. Use the "Select Files" dialogue box to locate the file(s) you want to show in your post. To select more than one file, hold down the Ctrl key on the keyboard and pick each file in turn.
4. Click the "Open" button to return to the "Add an Image" dialogue box.
5. Click the "Upload File(s)" button. The file(s) will be uploaded in a few seconds and a place-holder will be inserted in your post at the current cursor location.
6. Click the "Submit New Thread" button to publish your post or click the "Preview Post" button to check that your post looks OK before publishing. Once your post is published, the image will be displayed.
Things to bear in mind
The maximum image size allowed is 800px wide and 600px high**
The maximum file size allowed is 250KB
The maximum number of attachments allowed in one post is 12
The only image file formats supported are GIF, JPG and PNG
* If your toolbar does not look like the one in the illustration, go to "Settings", click on "General Settings", scroll down to "Miscellaneous Options" and in the "Message Editor Interface" area, set the value to "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing".
** If you upload larger images, they will be resized automatically. You will probably find that the image quality will suffer during this process and it is best to make sure the image is the right size before uploading to ensure maximum quality.