Scritp attedit problem

Balthor

Hi everyone,

I want to use -attedit in a script to change a name. The block i want to change has the name "description" and the tag is also "description".

The problem is that there are more than one block with the same name and tag.

How can I use -attedit on a specific block??

When I insert the block name and tag in the -attedit the result is a change in all blocks.

Thanks everyone

I'm not sure I understand, are you trying to create a new block using an existing one, if so you can open the block editor and use bsaveas to create a new block name

My problem is that there are like 10 blocks with the same name and same tag, but i only want to change one.

my script:

"-ATTEDIT

N

N

DESCRIPTION

DESCRIPTION

SIGNAL

"

With this script I change the name of all blocks. What I should add to only choose the block I want?

It's not working... It get stucks when I insert the "\"

By the way, what \, v and r do? Isn't it necessary to insert the block name and its tag?

Thanks again for your help

When you run the macro "\" is there so that you can select the block that you want to change the value of, so you need to click on the block and press enter, the "v" is telling the editor that you want to alter the value, and the "r" is saying you want to replace the old value with a new one. This runs once lets you select an attribute and change its value.

My bad I just spotted an error as well, I had left out the names because I used different names in a test,

^C^C-attedit;y;DESCRIPTION;DESCRIPTION;;\;v;r;signal;;