Block Not Appearing

resullins

There's a ghost in the machine.

I have a file with 3 or 4 viewports. I have a block (that I've used successfully for literally a decade), that I insert from a TP. I insert said block (it's the page number and sheet notes), enter the information, and it shows up fine. I close the file, reopen it, and the block is gone. From all the layouts. When I do QSelect, it says it's selecting 1 of those blocks, but nothing is actually selected.

There are no hidden layers. I've already restarted AutoCAD.

Any clues?

Nothing is annotative.

Yes, the block is going into paper space.

I think it's just doing it in one drawing, though I had a problem with one other drawing yesterday that may be attributed to the same problem. But I can't replicate it now... so I'm CURRENTLY only having the problem in one drawing.

All layouts.

I could... but it's a drawing with a lot of X-Refs, and I'm not sure I can post all the X-Refs.

Here's a question... what are some reasons that AC would create a _recover version of the file without telling me? I went the the folder holding this particular file instead of opening from my history, and there's a _recover file in there. Perhaps that's the problem? I'm opening the normal one now, and I'm going to put the block in again and see what happens. But that's really weird.

If you don't get it sorted, just strip the file of everything except for the block in question. Post the block and the file that needs it to be inserted into so we can experiment.