CTRL+TAB Issues with AutoCAD 2014...

lamensterms

Hi guys,

I have been experiencing some odd behavior when trying to CTRL+TAB between open drawings on ACAD2014... just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem or if anyone knows a way to correct it.

The problem is... I cannont CTRL+TAB from one open drawing to another without moving the mouse a bit first.

For example, I have 2 drawings open (SDI = 0), without moving the mouse at all, I... :

- enter a command (CTRL+V or PASTECLIP > "0,0" > ENTER

- CTRL+TAB.... nothing

If I then nudge the mouse, CTRL+TAB will work again.

It doesn't seem to matter if I complete the command prior to CTRL+TABing or not. I can hit any key on the keyboard, then ESC > CTRL+TAB still fails... until I move the cursor.

I have experiemented with FILETABS on or off and the behavior is the same.

Has anyone else had this one?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Works fine on mine (ACA 2014).

I thought CTL-TAB was a windows thing rather than an AutoCAD thing. Does it work in, say, Internet Explorer?

dJE

• 7 months later...

I have been able to replicate this behavior, spent longer than I would care to admit, looking for a solution in the dynamic input drafting tooltip settings, I thought I was on to something, but ultimately was wrong, and couldn't solve the problem. :|

Hi Dadgad,

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I think it has something to do with ACAD or Windows not recognising that the cursor is active in the current view port. On my machine, when the issue is apparent, I am able to use TEXTSCR/GRAPHSCR toggle as a work around. This will activate the cursor in the viewpoint and enable CTRL+TAB. I don't consider this a solution, only a work around.

For example, I often will be CTRL+TABing and PASTIECLIPing a bunch of drawings. I have include a line in a LISP routine which will toggle TEXTSCR to allow me to CTRL+TAB. If you follow.

• 4 months later...

UPDATE

I am now realising the the un-responsiveness is not limited to CTRL+TAB, it also affects CTRL+V.

I've also noticed the presence of a duplicate cursor. At times when this duplicate cursor is visible, the CRTL+TAB & CTRL+V shortcuts do not work.

attachment.php?attachmentid=55616&cid=1&stc=1

I had also found what I thought might have been a related issue in AutoCad 2015 that turned out to be something else.

Sometimes, dynamic input seemed to not recognize the first keystroke. for instance, type PL(ine) >> slide the cursor over a snap then move a little to acquire a tracking vector and tracking marker "x", type 12 for distance, get 2 instead, or error "requires a numeric...." if my distance typed happened to be an architectural units fraction.

I have also had it ignore "D" for dimensions within the RECTANGLE command, "R" for radius in the fillet command....

I Tested on three wireless bluetooth keyboards and mouses, and one wired keyboard and mouse. The error does not occur at all using hardwired (USB) equipment and I found items in my system Event Log about Bluetooth driver problems. Windows and the OEM site says my bluetooth drivers don't need updating.

So then, I shrug and budget money for yet another piece of cutting edge electronic equipment? I am dreaming of ways to leave "The Grid" and spend my life ass in the sand, toes in the water.

Hi guys...

Rob, tried on a few different machines at work. All win7 64bit with ACAD 2014. But with different versions of the Microsoft wired keyboard & mouse (some black, some white - can't recall the name of the keyboard/mouse). Problem occurs on all machines.

Dana, I have dynamic input disabled. I'll try enabling it and report back.

Are you guys able to replicate this at all? What version ACAD & OS are you running?

I have never run into this problem and I use Ctrl+Tab all the time.

Are you using any sort of drawing tab LISP?

No, just the OOTB drawing tabs.

So... with Dynamic Input enabled (DYNMODE = 1 or 3) - this CTRL+TAB issue is not present.

Enabling dynamic input is not a solution though, as I don't like working with dynamic input enabled.

I don't know what to tell you. Ctrl+tab works here whether dynmode is off or on, whether I am in a command or not, model or paperspace... Pretty much just works.

I don't even have a theory what might be wrong, other than slappin' "Ye olde off/on Switch" to restart the computer.

Yeah, I'm tired of that answer too. The other day I had a ballpoint pen quit writing, and my smart aleck daughter told me to turn it off and back on.