Visual Styles on Selected items only

mountain1985

I have a drawing set up but I only want the lines to be made sketchy using the visual styles editor. Theres blocks contained within the drawing which are messed up when made sketchy (they are trees so already have a sketchy appearance, problem is there is alot of them so would be time consuming to remove)

theres also a hatch patten for floor tiles and brick work within the drawing and the lines of the hatch are also made sketchy.

So basically I want a visual style but i want it to ignore blocks and hatches. does anyone know if this is possible. had a quick look around but not having much luck

I believe that visual styles are global and cannot be made object specific.

Yeah i thought as much. is there no work around that you know? I tried putting one viewport with all the hatches made visible and the lines turned of, then another viewport over it with the only the lines visible and the hatches turned of (complicated way to try it i know!). But that raises more problems as when I put the sketchy style on the line only viewport the background is no longer transparent, covering the hatch viewport behind it.

There is the option to do all this in sketchup/illustrator but it'd be shame as i have everything set up in Autocad so would be more practical to keep it all in the one package.

Are you using viewports in a Layout Tab?

Yep, I get this feature is intended to make 3D's look more artistic but I'm trying to use it to make a concept housing scheme look more sketchy as its very concept stage at the moment so we dont want it to look like its been set in stone.

That wouldnt fix the problem. I want all items in the drawing to appear. Just the lines (and nothing else) to be made sketchy using the Visual Styles editor. Like "ReMark" said though. I think a visual style causes a global change only. so I'm wondering if anyone has come across a work around to achieve the desired effect.

Only thing I can think of would be to have the objects that you want to NOT show as Sketchy actually be in Paperspace while viewing the Sketchy objects through the Viewport.