3D Solid in non planer area

MikeMc52

Hi,

I have attached a drawing show a surface that is in one plane. Above the plane is the actual outline of the area I woul like to create a 6" solid to represent concrete paving. I can't figure out how to make a solid 6" thick for this drawing. See attached.

Thanks,

MichaelStripper Area Paving.dwg

Loft two lines to create a surface then use the THICKEN command to convert to a solid of the appropriate height.

Not 100% sure if this is what you are looking for.

Paving area1.jpg

Oh yes. I actually had to draw two rectangles and loft them, because using the thicking command on the surface cause the edges to "stick out".

Thanks again.

Remark,

Attachedis the kinda finished slab. There is a lot more to do the drawing before I can submitit for review. There will be a flash tower and two strippers on the key shapedpad and a pump on each of the rectangular pads. There is a drain pipe (sloped)that will empty into the pit, which I have not located yet

Stripper Area Sump Layout A.dwg

Stripper Area Paving.dwg

Thanks for sharing those with us. I'm just wrapping up a 3D piping design for a blending and storage tank. Are you in the petroleum field? I work for a small chemical manufacturing company.

Right now I am working at Wyoming Refining Company in Newcastle, WY. I workfor a company that is part owner in the refinery and we are doing someengineering work for the refinery. I am presently assigned to the P&ID forthe crude update, but they give me little side projects when their engineersare busy.

We also design, engineer, procure and commission pressurereduction and metering stations in Nigeria. But we are on hold until they get the Ebola outbreak under control.

• 1 month later...
I would draw the shape and extrude it to the depth required. I haven't ever used loft, would it produce the same end result?

How would you get non-planar faces using an Extrude technique?

Hi JD,

The original post "I have attached a drawing show a surface that is in one plane. Above the plane is the actual outline of the area I would like to create a 6" solid to represent concrete paving. I can't figure out how to make a solid 6" thick for this drawing. See attached."

I would draw my rectangular polyline ,the size required, and use the extrude command to create a depth of 6". Am I missing something? I am assuming the placement of the concrete paving in the vertical plane is known?

I'm fairly new to 3d, so if there is a better/more efficient way, I'd welcome the information.

JD,So sorry, I just opened the OP's drawing, and realized that the pavement is sloped. Please disregard my earlier post.

Note also the original title of the thread.

The warp or twisting in this one is not very great, so it is easy to mistake it for a planar extrusion.