insert multiple files in one drawing

Perhaps another approach guys due to some little things not quite right. Enter the full path name of the block as text picking a pt on the drawing this could be achieved using a simple temporary grid text at lower left grid pt. Then just ssget the text and do insert of the block named in text. This way if you dont like the order 3x2 can easily change to 2x3 3x3 do again etc two seperate defuns one for findfile&text 2nd for insert. I use this method to insert staff images on building floor plans some 200+ images. Order of picking does not count.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tharwat

• BIGAL

• Lee Mac

• asos2000

Tharwat I can not understand this !!!

Go to Tools in the menu bar then Palettes then Design Center , so this would prompt you a dialog that you can search for your drawings then you can select the drawing you want and throw it into current opened drawing .

After that we can write a program that can rearrange them in columns as best as you want .

Tharwat

Is it possible to add GetFolder in your code ?

It is but it needs too much codes with a dialog box to allow you to select folders , one by one then add the included drawings within into a list with an option also to delete the unneeded drawings to be inserted into the target drawing .

write a program that can rearrange them in columns as best as you want

It is but it needs too much codes with a dialog box to allow you to select folders , one by one then add the included drawings within into a list with an option also to delete the unneeded drawings to be inserted into the target drawing .

hi Tharwat . I understand the difficulty, but when you find time please try to modify the code ..

Thanks

this is exactly what i have in my mind

Maximun lines = 6

Colums = no limit

All sections arrange by name

example : d1,d2,d3,..........,d9,d10,.....,d19,d20,......

Look the attach file

I found your question much more special ! so many! so many!

I think were at that point where some of us have supplied answers and it just does not quite meet your requirements, at some point it is your turn to have a go, we walk away, looking at your number of posts you have been using Cadtutor for a while so should understand this is not a never ending free support service. I stick by my proposal its simple and I know it works.

I think were at that point where some of us have supplied answers and it just does not quite meet your requirements, at some point it is your turn to have a go, we walk away, looking at your number of posts you have been using Cadtutor for a while so should understand this is not a never ending free support service. I stick by my proposal its simple and I know it works.

you judged me very badly :surrender:

this is exactly what i have in my mind

Maximun lines = 6

Colums = no limit

All sections arrange by name

example : d1,d2,d3,..........,d9,d10,.....,d19,d20,......

Look the attach file

is it possible to insert all sections from a path list and arrange all sections by name (like the list? )

path_list.txt

• 6 years later...

http://ktsaleej.blogspot.com/2017/09/insert-multiple-drawing-files-dwg-or.html

Insert multiple drawing files ( .dwg or .dxf ) to an AutoCAD sheet

In above my blog will help you to generate AutoLISP(.lsp) program to insert multiple drawing files ( .dwg or .dxf ) to an AutoCAD sheet.

Just fill a form and generate your AutoLISP(.lsp) program to insert multiple drawing files.

Capture.PNG