Watertight Problem eventhough its fully closed

bgkeh

well, its fully closed to my understanding since this model was made by using the slice command. anybody can help me with this? btw, im closing it using the surfsculpt command to make it a solid.

in the same file, how to make a solid from a projected geometry lines (i.e the blue line / or on the ProjectG's layer)

here is the file, tq

Watertight Problem.dwg

Edited by bgkeh

im sorry, the one that was fixed only the fillet that i failed to do >

thanks, i will take a loot at it.

did you make it half and then mirror it? what method are you using to make this? is it like mine in the file above? thanks again.

hurmm.. after some trial and error, i managed to make a solid using surfsculpt. it got something to do with the object choosing sequence. thanks. can close this one.

I did not use SURFSCULPT although I did use two elements from your drawing. The first was the 3D solid on the layer called SideSketch. The second was the surface on the layer called surfProjectG. I used the surface to trim the solid. Now that may be the least efficient method of creating the skateboard but I was more interested in the final solution and not necessarily in the method. There are probably two other ways to accomplish the same task. You pick the one that works best for you.

Threads are not closed unless there is a good reason to do so. I have no power to close a thread. That is in the hands of the moderators. I'm just a regular contributor like yourself.

im interested with the two other ways to accomplish this task, cuz im broadening my knowledge here. lets wait for other replies. :D

oops, i was meaning to ask the moderators to close this, look like i forgot to mention them. sry

Threads are almost never closed unless there is a good reason to do so.

Here is a second way to create the skateboard. It involves the use of the INTERFERE command. All I needed to do was use the 3D solid found on the layer called SideSketch and the profile of the board you created on layer "0". I extruded the profile thus creating a 3D solid. I placed one solid inside the other then ran the command. I told AutoCAD I did NOT want to delete the interference object. I left the object in place though (so you could see it) in the attached drawing and copied it to one side. Take a look. Drawing saved in 2010 file format.

3D Skateboard Interfere.dwg

That's it for me. If someone else wants to demonstrate a third way be my guest.

Edited by ReMark

nicely done, discussing it like this will help newbies like me. demonstration shows how the command works, all are left is to think how to use it in other situations. thank you :)