Dim empty when 0

Marco1979

i'm indeed trying to make such a thing and it would be great if that zero would be gone. I know different blocks would do the trick, but then i would prefer to add some extra vis-states and make it disappear..then i can still use it in a lot situations. Luckaly i dont have to do anything with this dimension rather that just show it (not for any extraction or whatever)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobDraw

• Marco1979

• ReMark

• steven-g

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately as AutoCAD has given us the ability to work faster and smarter it has now freed us up to spend more time on trivialities. Maybe we should put everyone back on the board so they can concentrate on the real task at hand which is producing an accurate drawing.

What I've seen is that people get so excited about new tools that they forget the basics. Yeah, it's fun to have options but, with apologies to the OP, making a block for an "L" shaped table and trying to make it behave correctly when it is not "L" shaped is not an efficient way of using said tools. While it may be possible, it still doesn't make any sense.

What do you think would happen if I went into the office supply store and asked for an "L" shaped desk but said it needed to be rectangular?

I think the salesgirl would look at you (and me too) funny and ask, "What's a desk?":lol: Might as well ask for a typewriter and a drafting machine too while you're at it.

It would be easier if you could do without the existing visibility states, or create them in some other way, it appears as though it now only adds or removes 2 rectangles, could that be done with just a stretch ?

Hope you don't mind but I changed your block a little bit.

Technical bit: :)

I used a trick that involves a double lookup, this is something you have to alter in the block editor to be able to create it.

In the block authoring pallette goto the parameter sets tab, right click the lookupset and select copy,

1.jpg

then in the pallette right click and paste, this creates another lookupset, right click on this and select properties,

2.jpg

change the name and click in the actions box and then click on the ellipses which will allow you to add a second lookup action to the set.

4.jpg

To use the double lookup the lookup properties both have to have the exact same label,

5.jpg

but doing this makes it possible to link 2 actions in a dynamic block, changing the dim / stretch is then linked to the visibility state, I set it up so below .5mm its not visible and above that the dim is visible. It takes longer to explain than to do, take a look at the block and see how it works.

3.jpg

Drawing3a.dwg