MEP2014 : Labels with units

npatrcevic

Good day.

The problem is as follows : I have a sized & calculated duct system and I want to label it. The label(s) should contain dimension (%%c in mm), flow velocity ( m/s) and flow quantity (m3/h).

When I use engineering property sets from extendend data I can only get a label to show a numerical value or a string value of the unit (m/s). How can I accomplish a label which shows all 3 values with units? It doesn't have to be a label, can be a dynamic block or whatnot, the simpler the better. I'm not an advanced mep user, but have been using acad for about 5 years.

Thank you for the help!

Start with these four videos for Schedules, Property sets and tags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfge,sH1dJr0&list=UU-SNatVfCPqISpbliR_WF8g

I believe the correct term for what you are trying to do is "create a Tag" not label. Try a search on that here at the forum or on you tube.

I will see if I can up with something else to help.

Thanks for the tip. Already saw some of those vids, actually did a search on the net for the answer. I couldn't find one so I posted here, in the meantime the compiler between my ears put some fragments of what it saw together and found a solution.

1) Style manager - documentation objects - Property data formats - copy flow m3/s - paste - rename & convert flow to m3/h and get settings right

2) Style manager - documentation objects - Property set definitions - duct engineering data

add formula property definition - call it flow_m3h or whatever. The source formula should be "RESULT=[Flow]*3600" w/o quotes. Exit source and set format of flow_m3h to unit m3/h

3) Style manager - documentation objects - label curve styles

new or copy paste duct flow - rename to flow m3h or whatever. Under options under tag label style the annotation should be 'use property set' from 'duct engineering data' and 'flow_m3h'

4) set labels in the model where necesarry and set them to show flow_m3h in properties-design-basic

There should be a better way to do this, but this is the answer I found. If anyone has any better way of doing this, please share.

Are you an engineer? If so, there "is" a better way to do this, but you'd have to jump ship and transition to Revit which is a much more intuitive and robust engineering platform. Exactly what you're trying to accomplish is effortless in Revit.