Rectangle Command stopped working

D Francis

1. Rectangle Command stopped working when it asked specify second point it disappears any suggestions? Follow up: now I am receiving "unknown command" when I type rec and hit return?

2. Also when drawing and switching between drawings for some reason a little list is maintained in the lower left corner of the screen showing... Target: drawing abc and/or target: drawing bcd, and so on, adding a new target every time I open a new drawing until it pushed the snap, grid, ortho, polar, etc clear off the screen, I have to restart the program to get the commands back. ow do I turn these notifications off? Please let me know....Thanks

Edited by D Francis

Had you been doing any customization recently?

Are you running any custom lisp routines?

Did you try resetting your Profile?

Is your version of AutoCAD up-to-date with all service packs?

What method are you using to invoke the command? Toolbar or Command Line?

Does DEMANDLOAD = 3?

Try Reloading your mnu file?

For #2 can you post an Image?

2. type MODEMACRO at the command line and type . and then hit enter. This is probably set in a lisp file somewhere and will continue to come back until you find it and remove it.

Hi Gentlemen,

I got the rectangle command to work erasing the whole drawing and file. I than started a fresh drawing I am glad I wasn't to far along. Thanks for your help.

As for the target thing in the lower left corner. I just save my drawing when I can't see my buttons any more and restart the program then it takes about an hour to fill up the Q. I research your suggestions when I get more time. Many Thanks.