Surface elevation not matching contour elevation

JordanK

I made a surface from existing contour lines that had been provided to me. When I hover the mouse to see the elevation on the surface it shows elevations completely different than the contour lines and I don't know what I did wrong. I tried turning off all of the layers except the contours and other things but nothing has worked. It kind of seems like the surface is scaled down. Has anybody ran into this problem?

Pictures of difference in elevation data.jpg

Thanks in advance

that is the only way I know to check the Z of an object.

I'd say "one of the many" ways to check the Z, sir: the easiest one is surely thru the ID command...

smile.gif

It looks like your drawing is reading those contour lines as inches and converting them to feet for you.

What are the units of your contours supposed to be?

The units of your drawing supposed to be?

Good catch Bill interesting 2015 displays the contour level correct of a dwg using metric template but with a 123' foot marker ????

Another possibility we had a lable style that just did not work checked everything, it was 0.1m interval but major showed every 0.9 only fix was to copy another style edit it rename deleting the old style. The one we copied was 0.1m plus triangles just turned off the triangles it displayed correctly 1.0 intervals.