AutoCAD Update!! YAAAAYYYY!!

MillerMG

Pretty sure just about everyone knows or has seen this, but in case you haven't. A bunch of updates just got put out for various versions of AutoCAD. Hopefully this helps some people out. Have a good one!

Pretty sure just about everyone knows or has seen this, but in case you haven't. A bunch of updates just got put out for various versions of AutoCAD. Hopefully this helps some people out. Have a good one!

What a pleasant, and unexpected thread... Well done.

Cheers

Application manager dutifully informed me this morning and I set it going to update virtually everything in my building design suite. Hopefully this will add a bit of stability to 2015.

There's also an update for the Application Manager. DO THAT ONE FIRST.

Note: I had 2009 LT and an expired trial version of LT 2014 installed on my machine in addition to my 2015 LT. The App Manager WOULD NOT RUN until I did a Windows Uninstall of both prior versions. There were no massages, no errors, nothing but "Installation Pending" and a greenish wavy progress bar that was animated but never changed.

After 2 or 3 twenty minute staring contests between me and the App Manager, I just took a wild guess and did the uninstalls, rebooted, and the App Manager did it's thing for itself, and 2015 LT SP2 in seconds afterwards.

A side note for some of the more stuck-in-the-muds among us; SP2 includes a new system variable that will turn most of the cursor BADGES on and off. I can't remember its name at the moment, but if you REALLY need it, you will find it.:lol:

The overwhelming majority of the fixes in SP1 & SP2 have been for "occasional crashes", and I guess that's good, but very few of the bugs/complaints have been addressed. I don't expect they'll ever get 2015 "fixed" well enough for me to use it.

CURSORBADGES sysvar was actually part of SP1 ;)

There's also an update for the Application Manager. DO THAT ONE FIRST.

After 2 or 3 twenty minute staring contests between me and the App Manager, I just took a wild guess and did the uninstalls, rebooted, and the App Manager did it's thing for itself, and 2015 LT SP2 in seconds afterwards.

I did something similar, while it was upgrading Revit I carried on working with AUtoCAD expecting it to tell me to turn off AutoCAD, but it never did. Eventually I found a pop up buried under everything else.

I did something similar, while it was upgrading Revit I carried on working with AUtoCAD expecting it to tell me to turn off AutoCAD, but it never did. Eventually I found a pop up buried under everything else.

I have done the exact same thing.

So, this evening after successfully installing SP2 this morning, I had my very first ever with 2015, FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at ab002ab1h

:shock:All I #%&$*ing did was close the help window and BLOOWEEE.:shock:

Yeah, well. That particular error was addressed in the readme with SP2, I believe, under the random fatal errors sorta statements.

After having spent 20+ years as a business applications programmer, I know coding is just like drafting. Making changes introduces huge opportunities for new errors.