Network Licensing: Error [-15.570.0] A valid license could not be obtained (cad2014)

Sengna

I have been having an issue opening Autocad 2014 & Inventor when tried to open from home (not work network). Autocad was installed on network license. The License error showed as below:

"Network Licensing: Error [-15.570.0] A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager" I rebooted the computer or logged off but i was not able to open autocad. Does anyone know how can i solve this issue if i want to open Autocad from home?

Are you running the correct version of the AutoCAD Network License Manager?

Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the License Manager?

Do you have more than one version of lmgrd.exe running?

Maybe it is a firewall issue? You could try temporarily disabling your firewall.

Do you have subscription ? If you have a seperate machine at home check the license agreement it may allow you to install as standalaone under the work at home clause. Our standalones meet this just not sure network sure others will advise.

i have to be on-line for my autocad 2012 to work. summat to do with licensing. very annoying. perhaps it's the same for you?

very annoying mikekmx, i like when it is being installed on the computer not on network.

Is this a separate license?

Are you using the same machine that you use at work, i.e. laptop that you brought home?

Autocad was installed in my work Laptop, I take it home after work. it's same machine and same license i use at work.

Are you running the correct version of the AutoCAD Network License Manager?

Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the License Manager?

Do you have more than one version of lmgrd.exe running?

Maybe it is a firewall issue? You could try temporarily disabling your firewall.

Sorry for taking me so long to response, it's been a really busy day.

-I think so, it's the same license that i use at work.

-I have not tried to uninstall & reinstall this Autocad software, I don't have any permission to this because IT department won't let me, if this method will solve the problem, maybe i can suggest them.

- what is " lmgrd.exe"? where can i find it? what does it do?

- I will try to temporary disable firewall to see if i can open Autocad.

Do you have subscription ? If you have a seperate machine at home check the license agreement it may allow you to install as standalaone under the work at home clause. Our standalones meet this just not sure network sure others will advise.

This is network license and were installed in several machine at work. i don't think my IT will install separately as stand alone on my laptop since i already have the network license. My boss has the same issue too when he was trying to open autocad from home.

If this is a network version you need to check out (borrow) the license from the License Manager to the laptop, then when you return to the office check it back in.

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2012/ENU/filesCIL/GUID-1C7F4EF0-7F1A-418C-A2D0-3C3BB1462DE-56.htm

Hmm, i have to give that a try. Just heard about this from you today. Thank you

If this is a network version you need to check out (borrow) the license from the License Manager to the laptop, then when you return to the office check it back in.

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2012/ENU/filesCIL/GUID-1C7F4EF0-7F1A-418C-A2D0-3C3BB1462DE-56.htm

I gave it a shot last night and it works, at least i can open autodesk product (autocad and inventor) when i am away from assign network. Unfortunately, i have to return the license on the due date that i set. I have to do this at when while i have autocad opened and borrow license. Thanks a lot Murph_map

Your welcomed, if you are doing this a lot you may want to look at using a option file om the License Manager. You can set it to check in the license automatic after a set time/date. But also be aware borrowing license has cause some issue for some users before.

Your welcomed, if you are doing this a lot you may want to look at using a option file om the License Manager. You can set it to check in the license automatic after a set time/date. But also be aware borrowing license has cause some issue for some users before.

First what is "Option file om the license manager"? how many users can borrow the network license at the same time on the same license?

The option file is nothing more than a text file you or the server's admin creates. It allows a lot of options on the licenses and use of them. Who logged on and from what workstation etc. It can be set up to return a borrowed license or a user that logged on after a set time. For instance user 1 logs on and then locks his workstation to get a cup of coffee, on the way to the coffee pot or Starbucks the user 1 gets hit by a bus. With out the automatic check in of the license with the options file that instances or license is in used until user 1 comes back to work or your IT hacks his profiles and closes AutoCAD.

You can only have as many users borrow a license as you have licenses (seats) for.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-control-network-license-access-using-an-options-file.html