Hatching takes forever and locksout/crashes CAD

AJSmith

Any ideas as to why when I hatch lately it seam to take forever even with simple hatching (I was hatching a zebra crossing) the first take 10-15mins or even longer resulting in the program greying out and the freezing up

any ideas ?

cheers Adam

Are you hatching using DOTS if so use solid instead dots can grind a dwg to a halt.

DANA W we have wombat crossings on our roads. Not to mention Puffin and Pelican systems at Traffic signals.

DANA W we have wombat crossings on our roads. Not to mention Puffin and Pelican systems at Traffic signals.
Ain't nuthin'. We got Gator crossings, and a few other aminules what don't read signs all in the road here. The Gators can be 16 feet long, black bears up to 300 lbs, and Sand Hill Cranes that don't weigh much, but they're 3 feet tall and act like the veloceraptors from Jurassic Park. Did I mention Armadillos? They're only about as big as a cat but they have a bad habit of jumping straight up when panicked, so the underside of our cars have some, ah er um, things hanging on there from time to time. But by far, the most dangerous critter to be found on our roads here is the UCF Co-Ed.:surrender:

I am not convinced that the humans have quite taken possession of Central Florida.

Anyway, to stay on topic, all of the above suggestions along with a merely adequate graphics card can make hatching a lot like watching a 2000 year old Sequoya tree grow.