How To Draw This In AutoCAD?

basty

can anyone teach me how to draw a polygon without a polygon command with points and angles pls

:(

This question is completely unrelated to the issue discussed in this thread. It is customary to start a new thread in the appropriate forum for a new question.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• basty

• f700es

• Dana W

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder what is the website of community/forums of mechanical drafting technique.

Also, I'm guessing that the maker of car illustration I posted previously is not an mechanical engineer.

If it's true, where did he/her get that lesson from?

Where did he studied to draw like that?

All good questions. I’m not sure anyone here could answer them with certainty. Conceivably, any school that has an architectural program may still offer classes in the traditional rendering techniques. Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) would be a likely candidate in my area.

Personally, I wouldn’t delay the learning process. Start on you own. Start slow, build upon what went before. I'm pretty sure it can be done without structured classes.

Introductory assignment:

Render a 10 unit octagon (flat to flat) from a camera position that is 12 units behind, and 6 units above the octagon’s center, with a view facing perpendicular to one of the side’s midpoint.

Edited by SEANT

http://www.automotiveillustrations.com/tutorials/ship-cutaway-vector-drawing-tutorial.html

http://www.automotiveillustrations.com/illustrators/illustrator-gallery.html

This type of Design software falls more along the lines of Graphic Design rather than CADD Design.

Plenty of tutorials out there on using different design software.

Inkscape and Gimp are Open Source and cost nothing equivilents to Illustrator and Photoshop.

Oh cool, I've seen those before. Very slick. Honestly most/some of the perspective drawing could be done in CAD. The color and shading would be the hard part. Will have to look through those tutorials when I have some time. Thanks for posting SLW :)

long before AutoCAD the place I worked had a "technical illustrator". You wouldn't believe some of the catalogue pictures he produced, usually starting from a photo nothing like the finished product.