Can't create simple custom linetypes!

Marnissim

Hi,

This has been covered before but I still can't successfully create a custom linetype.

I am trying to create an 'insulation batting' linetype but the line always come out in a series of dots.

I attach an image of the linetype I am trying to create. It does not have to accurate.

Would really appreciate some help here. Many thanks!

linetype.pdf

What's wrong with the batting linetype that comes standard with AutoCAD? Do you really think anyone is going to look at it closely enough to see the difference? Most people looking at the drawing will be more interested in the callout for the type and thickness of insulation that is being specified.

Look at the batting linetype created by Kent1Cooper in this post....

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/wiremesh-amp-insulation-custom-linetypes/td-p/3493354

Many thanks for your prompt replies. I am indeed aware of the standard AutoCAD batting linetype but it has its limitations, specially when short lengths are drawn. There are other lineytpes I would like to create if I could master the art but I always end up with dots....

Short lengths are a problem? Then maybe you need to use a hatch pattern instead of a linetype. You should also consider the use of a custom lisp routine. I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find one or two freely available.

Custom batting linetype as plines can be done and can be all sorts of patterns there is here code for a zig zag line type that reduces between two non parallel lines, you can do a repeating pline pattern that includes arcs. This gets around the short line problem.

Batting.jpg