Alias for Fillet Command

paisley13460

I just installed the Autocad Architecture 2015. I usually use the 'fillet' command and I like typing 'f' in command line. But for some reason, when I do that now, it starts the command 'filetab'. I checked the file 'acad.pgp', it shows that 'f' is alias for 'fillet'. Does anybody know why and how to fix it?

Welcome to CADTutor. :) I am not sure if you will have the ALIASEDIT command in Architecture or not, but guess you should. Enter ALIASEDIT at the commandline, and if the dialog box opens, you can easily change it there. Should you not have ALIASEDIT, then at the very bottom of the acad.pgp file, you can create a personalized alias. Do not change it higher up on the list, those are the default aliases, and customizations should be done at the very bottom, so that they will migrate later, if you need them to. Be sure to SAVE your change, then enter REINIT at the commandline, and you should be good to go and test it.

That is a known autocomplete bug. Something about the "F" key. I do not know if there is a fix other than turning off autocomplete because I don't use the keyboard for fillet. I'll ask around here to see if someone came up with another fix if you would like to keep autocomplete on.

In AutoCAD 2015 typing the letter F brings up F (Fillet) in Autocomplete as the first choice. Filetab is fifth on the list. What if the user were to undefine Filetab? Or better yet just remove the entry in the acad.pgp file.

That list is not static. It also takes into consideration last used and frequency of use. One would think that after one or two times choosing fillet would put it at the top of the list, it doesn't for some reason or if it does, hitting enter does not start the fillet command as expected. The people experiencing this said that things work as expected on other keys. There is something about that F key that is messed up. We were even joking around about those "f****n*" commands.

I'll see what I can find out after they get here.

In AutoCAD 2015 typing the letter F brings up F (Fillet) in Autocomplete as the first choice. Filetab is fifth on the list. What if the user were to undefine Filetab? Or better yet just remove the entry in the acad.pgp file.

In the Architecture 2015, I guess in Autocomplete, it's 'alphabetized' making Filetab first on the list. I checked acad.pgp file, there's no alias for Filetab.

I think I found a solution to this problem...

In the acad.mnl file, there's this code shown below...

;;; ===========================================================================

;;; Re-define to call AEC versions of these commands...

;;; ===========================================================================

(setq cmdsave (getvar "cmdecho"))

(setvar "cmdecho" 0)

(command "_undefine" "_fillet")

(command "_undefine" "_chamfer")

(command "_undefine" "_dxfout")

(command "_undefine" "_selectsimilar")

I added ; before (command "_undefine" "fillet") to remove it from code.

So far, there's no repercussions of me doing that. Any AutoCAD programming expert out there that thinks my solution will mess up the other codes in the acad.mnl file?

• 1 year later...

Ran into this in AutoCAD Architecture 2016. It seems AA has developed their own version of fillet (probably to allow filleting walls ETC.).

the work-around I found was to do one of 2 things:

1) Edit the acad.pgp file to be "F, *AECFILLET" instead of "F, *FILLET"

2) Add the following line to an autoloading lisp file: (DEFUN C:F ()(COMMAND "aecFILLET"))

I'm leaning towords option 2 since I have several lisps set to autoload in my CUI & i won't have to rember the "fix" every time I do an install

I wrote a new version of the FILLET command with help from Lee-mac

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?93661-Lisp-for-fillet-radius./page3

this allows for F125 which is fillet with 125 radius also offset O123 and a circle C123

Some examples f123 = r 123, f-75 = r 0.75, F1-75 =r 1.75 you need to use the - sign, C23-45 = radius 23.45 then ask for centre pt. It take a couple of goes to get used to the - but its faster than fillet etc as you no longer need the "R" option.