Question about annotative scales

Should I have multiple annotative scales for my annotative text and attributes or just use one scale for all my drawings. I like being able to change my text size by just clicking the anno scale at the bottom of the screen. If I have a small drawing then I can use smaller text with a lager scale and if I have a big drawing bigger text with a smaller scale seems to work better. I've have a few issues with the wrong scales being selected and drawings submitted with the wrong text size. This makes fire marshals kinda mad and final walk-throughs with them is awkward when they cant read the prints.

Have a number of scales available in your template. When setting up a drawing for a project, determine what scale(s) is need for the drawing and delete the extraneous scales to prevent operator errors.

I hardly ever develop my own drawings from scratch. I get drawings from other people then place my devices. But there is always 4 or 5 different anno scales. I purge them for the most part but sometimes I get a weird size drawing that falls between scales like 1/8th is to big or 1/4 is too small but nothing else fits it. So my text is to big and in the way or to small to see.

I've got a feeling there might be a better way for you to do your drawings but I need to know more about your process.

Are you adding devices to someone elses previously prepared sheets or are the sheets that you work on entirely for your stuff?

I get floor plans from architectural firms then strip out all the stuff I don't need so all I have left is walls, windows, doors and text for the room labels. I place what's left on a single layer call it FA-FLORPL I then xref that drawing to my fire alarm drawing so I have a floor plan with no devices and a drawing with devices on it. Makes it easier to do design changes when the owner says he wans to move the bathroom or something like that. If I have a really big project then I use multiple sheets but I like having everything on just on sheet if I can help it. Like I said I never develop my own floor plans I get them from somebody else.

Then the only annotative scale that should be in your file is the one that you are working with. You said you have issues with the wrong scale being selected at plotting time. If you only have one, then a wrong one cannot be set.

Why do you think you need more than one?