Understanding Scales

1989hf

You must bear with me as I'm pretty much self taught on CAD. One thing which I've never understood is the scaling of linetypes and in my new job I have to use it lots. I draw highways, so the linetypes have to be accurate. My model space is always 1:1, but when I'm plotting at say 1:500 or 1:250, the length of the lines mess up. I've solved this by changing the linetype scale to 2 for 1:500 and 4 for 1:250. I have to do this for every individual line though and I'm not even sure if it's the correct method. Can anybody advise?

MSLTSCALE = 1

LTSCALE = 1 (some like using .5)

PSLTSCALE = 1

CANNOSCALE = (DESIRED PLOT SCALE in each viewport, set with anno scale drop down

lower right)

Thanks for the reply rkent, but this doesn't work. I've changed everything to 1 and set cannoscale to 2:1 but the scale is still out. I've done a regenall too to make sure.

Can you confirm that you used a metric template as the basis for your drawing? And can you also confirm that you used metric linetypes for us please? Thanks.

I am using a metric template and linetypes - 1 unit = 1 meter.

All of the linetypes are 1 - I changed that and nothing changed. It only works if I do LTSCALE=2

I find it curious working that ALL your layers have a Continuous Linetype, and any different linetype is set to an entity.

Also, all your linetypes seem to be custom ones, so it does not matter whether your template was metric or imperial.

Edited by eldon
you have sorted out plotting scales, so remark was unecessary

I find it curious working that ALL your layers have a Continuous Linetype, and any different linetype is set to an entity.

Also, all your linetypes seem to be custom ones, so it does not matter whether your template was metric or imperial.

What you will have to sort out is that the plotting unit is always a millimetre, and your drawing units are metres.

I was looking at that too. The OP could set all his linetypes in the layers manager couldn't he?