Problem with my glass material experiment

bgkeh

Hello Masters~

i am doing some experiment on glass material and firstly from the first experiment, the effect become like this

glass_experiment_3.png

here is the bitmap texture.

iphone5_screen.jpg

and in experiment 2, after rendering, a black line appears on top of the rendered model.

glass_experiment_2.png

here i also attached my files.

please point me to the right direction. thank you all :)

Experiment 1 (picture 1)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7sixewzzlmg9bxb/glass%20experiment%201%20-%20Standard.zip?dl=0

Experiment 2 (Picture 2)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfytdu546oehbus/glass%20experiment%202%20-%20Standard.zip?dl=0

Edited by bgkeh

When you upload models that have bitmap textures attached, you need to run the ETRANSMIT command to create a zip file containing your dwg and all textures. It's difficult to run tests on your file when necessary textures are missing.

In the first image you posted, it looks like the texture you're using for the screen is occupying the same space as the glass that's supposed to be covering it. Try moving the screen texture down just a fraction of an inch so that it is slightly below the glass.

I have no idea what's happening in the 2nd image you posted.

oh, im sorry about that, i will edit the first post after this.

btw, the bitmap texture is actually right under the screen texture.

wow, even you dont know what is happening to the second picture, that is really weird.

wow, even you dont know what is happening to the second picture, that is really weird.

I don't use Autocad for 3D, so it's not really that weird. :P

For the 2nd file, use the WBLOCK command, select the objects and save them out to a new file. I did that and now those black lines are gone. I don't know what's causing it, but simply running the WBLOCK command got rid of the problem.

im sory for late reply, cant seem to reply via office internet. = =

maybe i've clicked on something without knowing? is that possible?

still searching for an answer about the first one.

still searching for an answer about the first one.

It's like I said previously. You have too many objects trying to occupy the same space. You can't stack objects directly on top of each other and expect your materials to display correctly. You have to leave a small gap. In the render below, I raised the glass cover up .01 above the underlying screen and front button layers.

You were also using Sun & Sky and pointlights, which didn't make sense, so I turned off the Sun & Sky and adjusted the properties of the 2 point lights.

Is this closer to what you're trying to achieve?

Render2.jpeg

nope.. not closer, that is exactly what i want, but i still have to do some testing, will get back to you again. now, it is time to go to work >