Plot Multiple Layouts to one Sheet

mansjasont

I am looking for an easy way to plot multiple layout to one sheet. I currently have all my layouts set up to plot to 24x36 sheets. But sometimes 24x36 is too large to carry around, and 11x17 is too small. I want to plot sheets to 18x24, which is a perfect size. Our plotter prints sheets 36" wide so in order to not waste paper I need to plot two sheets at the same time. Is it possible to do this.

I did it once by copying two layouts into a new one, rotating and scaling down to fit. The problem with this is that every time you make a change to a layout you have to redo it. Any ideas will help. Thanks

Check your plotter a simple way to do this is to see if it supports "Nesting" what happens is it will wait to see if another plot is coming and if it fits will place it beside the other then plot. Only compromise is that once turned on it delays start of plot unless full size sheet. You must send next plot though fairly prompt you can change delay in nest time.

Will the plotter support 18x24 sheets? Most 36" plotters do, they're just turned 90 deg. The shop I currently work with uses a KIP 7000 roll fed plotter. All I have to do is set the layout up as an 18 x 24 sheet, and plot. The plotter itself rotates the page image, plots and cuts the 18 x 24 sheets turned 90 deg. Couldn't be simpler.

Does LT 2012 have Batch plot? If so, the layouts can be overridden within the batch plot dialog so you don't even have to change your existing drawing layouts.

You will have to previously set up and save at least one "Named" layout for the 18 x 24 sheet in the drawing and then select it in the batch plot layout dropdown window.

We also have A0 and A2 rolls 2 spindles its called the ask lyn nicely to change method. We plot A1 or A0 lyn does lots of A2 so just manually changes maybe 90-100 in one go so worthwhile, other floor has a OCE with 2 roll feed as norm so no manual intervention.