Turning multiple, similar (exploded) objects into separated, equal blocks

Frei

Hello everyone, I've been trying to solve this problem for a while now but still couldn't find any solution, I know we can vI ain't sure if Autocad 2014 is capable of doing it, but I hope some of you could help me.

In the image below, those half-hatched circles are smoke detectors.

6qzb09.jpg

Problem: each smoke detector was once represented by a block, but now they're all exploded objects - yet the "Smoke Detector" layer remained, which still allows me to select them separately from the rest of the drawing. What I need to do is turn each of those devices into separated, yet equal blocks.

In case this isn't possible, is there any better solution except having to readd the detectors one by one?

I can not see image but if you have a single hatch then yes you could find all do a insert new block on new layer and just turn the old layer off.

Pick the hatch with this (setq obj (entget (car (entsel)))) you will see lots of info but the dxf code 10's will match points on your object others dxf's will be scale etc

Pots a dwg with exploded detector and a new block should be simple to put something together.

• 7 years later...

I preferred the original Explode icon which was a stick of dynamite rather than the current icon which implies that it simply disassembles as what it does to blocks is irreversible. Had an engineer explode every tree in a drawing once and I had to recreated the entire project from scratch.