Top Posters In This Topic

• bavdeyka

• ReMark

• JD Mather

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to see you, ReMark!

I cannot perform boolean operations on the model.

I need to delete parts marked with red arrows up to the place where the objects cross.

I tried to do it by extraction of objects, but every time both autocad and invertor say there's an error - and I can't understand why it's so.

http://pixs.ru/showimage/bcubejpg_9937325_14167812.jpg

First I tried to order making a drawing from another person, but it was difficult to explain what I needed exactly, so I also started doing it myself.

As I already mentioned, I'm quite a newbie in 3d modelling and I've never studided it anywhere. The object you see is a combination of that person's and mine work.

I'm not exactly sure what was the program used by that person, I suppose it was solidedge. I used autocad as I have a license only for it.

In my opinion you should have restricted yourself to designing the frame in one program. Designing it in Solidedge then importing it into AutoCAD in order to edit it was only asking for trouble. I'm not sure what the basis for the design flaws is that JDM found in the geometry. Could they have been introduced during the import of the drawing into AutoCAD? Perhaps. Could they have been there as a result of the original design process in Solidedge? Possibly. But I don't know anything about the program so I'd only be guessing at this point.

How much Solidedge experience does the other person have? Has he done designs for you in the past?

If you are going to insist on using AutoCAD you should seriously consider redrawing the frame.

No, he hasn't designed for me earlier. I found him on the internet and after payment and asking several questions he disappeared.

Actually the drawing is almost finished, but I can't get things through with the element in the pic above.

At first I didn't think I'll have to redesign it, I saw it was faulty only after 3d printing of the model.

Do you it's possible to do anything about this drawing?

I cannot tell you what, if anything, can be done with the drawing. The frame design as it stands now is beyond my level of expertise. Sorry.

Hi JD!

As I got it, you asked about this http://www.4shared.com/download/_9Wu5opIba/bcube2.jpg?lgfp=3000

That's great!!! Yes, it is, but it's actually a half of what it was intended:)

I wanted also to cut off the part marked by an arrow at the place of junction of the two objects.

http://www.4shared.com/download/iZ791Cjbce/Slice2.jpg?lgfp=3000

GP_, thank you! It's almost there - but I still need a smoother intersection from the inner side.

I managed to make this out of your drawing: http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g71f581d07b8982409995683363ffda4bbb0b1ceeb

But I faced the same old problem - I can't combine two objects into one again. If I managed this, the issue would be over).

Could you prompt me how I can do it and how you managed to crop the previous drawing at points of intersection?

Please, check your private messages.