Can't SURFSCULPT after EXPLODE

bavdeyka

Hi everyone!

So my issue is pretty much described by the title

I tried to eliminate rubbish and "artefacts" from the object and used 'explode' function for it.

But I can't recover the object after exploding even if I try to recover it right away even without any changes.

I try to recover it by 'surfsculpt' function.

But autocad insists that it 'cannot find impenetrable content' (it's actually my loose translation from Russian of what it says, but I hope it's understandable).

But I can't see any holes in the surface!

So could anyone help me with it - how do I recover the object after exploding?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bavdeyka

• ReMark

• JD Mather

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Impenetrable" probably translates to "watertight".

Can you attach the drawing with the object before it's exploded?

Maybe it translates 'watertight', i guess the meaning is 'without holes')

I can attach the drawing but no matter how i enlarge it, the object looks like a wholesome, 'watertight' one - which it isn't. Maybe there's some way to make the holes visible?

Depending on the shape of the object and how it's constructed, it's fairly easy to end up with surfaces with edges that don't match perfectly. AutoCAD doesn't have any really good tools for identifying these areas, but based on some previous topics, I think Inventor may. The INTERFERE command may be of some value, but if you've already exhausted all your ideas, I suggest attaching the drawing so others can see the geometry and make suggestions how to fix.

Here are the drawings - one in the grid view, and one realistic.

In the grid you can see the unwanted circle (the red arrow points to it) - that's the "artefact" that causes all this fuss and won't let me continue working on the object.

In the realistic view it's for some reason invisible.

http://s010.radikal.ru/i312/1410/fd/88e0bac59b97.jpg

http://s017.radikal.ru/i434/1410/ff/31978c9b6e4d.jpg

What program was used to create the 3D model?

I could only see one "artefact" that was visible in a 2Dwireframe visual style yet not visible in a Conceptual or Realistic visual style. I am referring to what appears to be a 2D circle that runs through the object. I was able to eliminate the circle. What else needs to be done? You said "artefacts" so I assume there are other inconsistencies that concern you.

>

Here is your drawing back. It was saved in AutoCAD 2013 file format.

Cube_no_circle.dwg

ReMark, many many thanks!

First of all I need to eliminate the circle, as I guess it won't let me editing the model further.

I opened the file you provided, but the circle is still there. Is there any chance you attached the old file?

Sorry, my autocad knowledge is not that deep, I can't figure out what you mean by this screenshot..

Could you please explain it to me?

Or could you try to upload the dwg file using some uploading service?

Thank you!!!!

All these days I've been trying to modify the model for further working on it, but I didn't manage to do it.

I've tried autocad, solidedge and other programs in trial versions.

I need to perform boolean operations, but all the programs say there's an error.

Could you suggest anything else?

Thank you!!!

Do you have an Autodesk 360 account? The repaired file is too large to attach here.

Do you have access to Autodesk Inventor (not really needed, as I have already done the repair, but if you wanted to do it yourself....).

Hi JD! I've just created an account, my name there is Konstantin Makarov.

And I have access to Autodesk Inventor, so if you could find a minute to explain how you did the repair, that would be really nice.

JD, I guess you're the only one at this forum who can help me to sort things out. I intended to send it as a private message but it apperars that you've exceeded a quota on PM's so I wasn't able to send it.

I'm an electronics engineer by profession and I need 3D modelling for my hobby.

Unfortunately, as I have to modify the model several times depending on conditions, I can't just order a drawing to be done for me by someone else and I need to modify it "on-site".

I thought that after correcting the geometry I'd be able to modify the model, but I can't manage to do it. I try to extract one model from another to remove elements marked with red arrows and create a smooth junction (see pic below), but Autocad keeps on notifying me of errors. Maybe you could suggest a reason for that?

I understand that time and effort are money, so could you give me an estimate you'd charge for your help? Do you have a paypal account?

Thanks a million!

http://www.fayloobmennik.net/4171025 - drawing

http://pixs.ru/showimage/bcubejpg_9937325_14167812.jpg - picture

... could you give me an estimate you'd charge for your help? Do you have a paypal account?

Thanks a million!

That should cover it. We are talking $1,000,000 USD, correct? :D

Can you post your new file to Autodesk 360?