QLeader Settings

Honda Matt

Thanks Rob. :beer:

That one was not mine actually, but done by a guy whom I trained, I am mighty particular about the leaders.

I feel that they should be as elegant and well conceived as the engineering we do.

In my book neatness counts, anything less reflects poorly on the whole team.

A drawing well done engages the viewer.

A poorly or thoughlessly executed drawing alienates the viewer and casts aspersions on all that it encompasses.

a little better example.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nestly

• Honda Matt

• BlackBox

• BMXerScott

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting... We've always rejected splined leaders, and I see better now why.

What I mean to say is, that your drawing is easy to read as a direct result of using splined leaders, only because your drawing is full of straight lines. To the contrary, as I work in Civil, most lines in our plans are derived from either contours, or some sort of curvature in the roadway, etc., so we strictly use non-splined leaders for readability.

Cheers

How do you handle multiple callouts? Like this:

When I still used QLeaders, I'd simply create a 2nd QLeader with no text. Of course there is not association between the two to make them behave as one, but I suspect that anyone still using QLeaders would not find that unusual or prohibitive.

Multiple QLeader.gif

Sorry, I posted this before I had my lunch; I meant multiple lines of text.

With Qleaders, my normal procedure would be to type out all my text in one fell swoop then come back and add my leaders. You can't do that with Mleaders can you?

There's a tool to attach leaders to text... I'm not sure if it's an Express tool or what... I've never used it. I don't think anyone's claiming QLeaders are more versatile or powerful than MLeaders, so if you have a method that suites your workflow and MLeaders fill the bill, by all means continue as before. ;)

nestly, there is a faster way to do that. If you make the grip at the arrow end of the first leader hot and right click, there is a copy option. All you have to do is pick the landing point for the arrow.