QLeader Settings

Honda Matt

I cannot alter the QLeader setting on a 2013 AutoCAD LT seat.

I get this:

Specify first leader point, or [settings] : S

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2013\acdim.arx cannot find a procedure that it needs.

we have 2 seats of 2013 AutoCAD LT one works fine and the other will not let me adjust the settings.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Matt

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nestly

• Honda Matt

• BlackBox

• BMXerScott

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know this doesn't help your direct needs, but: QLeader is a legacy leader tool. Have you looked into using the much more powerful Multileader tool? Just thought I'd offer a better alternative, although the Qleader issue does need to be worked out.

I know this doesn't help your direct needs, but: QLeader is a legacy leader tool. Have you looked into using the much more powerful Multileader tool? Just thought I'd offer a better alternative, although the Qleader issue does need to be worked out.

QLeader scales the text size based on the dimension style, which works great the way we use it. We have multiple dimension styles setup for different scaled drawings.

I will also recommend moving to Multileaders, but for the task at hand I would try each of the following until you find one that works,

1) close and restart ACAD LT

2) close ACAD LT and restart with a different profile.

3) close ACAD LT and windows, use a different windows profile and start ACAD LT.

I will also recommend moving to Multileaders, but for the task at hand I would try each of the following until you find one that works,

1) close and restart ACAD LT

2) close ACAD LT and restart with a different profile.

3) close ACAD LT and windows, use a different windows profile and start ACAD LT.

Done, Done and Done....the users profile was started from my profile which works just fine.

Also tried creating a new one.

• 4 weeks later...

This is what the command line reads: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2013\acdim.arx cannot find a procedure that it needs.

Any thoughts

You need to find, restore, or re-install acdim.arx... Try searching for this file in File Explorer on the system that is working, and verify in the problem system (copy as needed).

Separately, big 1+ for MLeaders... That and adopt annotation scales in lieu of LTSCALE + DIMSCALE manipulation, as the text/block sizing and linetypes are handled for you by simply changing either Model or PViewport's annotation scales.

Cheers

Separately, big 1+ for MLeaders... That and adopt annotation scales in lieu of LTSCALE + DIMSCALE manipulation, as the text/block sizing and linetypes are handled for you by simply changing either Model or PViewport's annotation scales.

Some things just are not that simple. We cannot draw using annotation scales.....our programing department is suck on 2006 AutoCAD because of Microvelum and the library we have will not migrate to a newer version. All of our Dimscales are setup as we note and dim everything in model space. I would love to refigure they way we do things but there is a HUGE cost involved with it. Plus some of our drafter have a hard time with change...old and cant learn new things...its sad really.....

Edited by Strix
Quote code added in for clarity

Honda Matt, have you taken BlackBox's advise? Did you find any results from it? Also, if it's a continuing problem without resolution then put in a ticket with Autodesk and see where it gets you. Since your company and employees so desperately need to use legacy tools that may be the only option, although I do not know how far back Autodesk will support for AutoCAD versions.

You take your old drafters put them in a car or truck drive out to the country tell them it's a trust building exercise then leave them and never go back.

... I do not know how far back Autodesk will support for AutoCAD versions.

OP lists AutoCAD 2013 LT, so shouldn't be an issue here... And cheers, dude. :beer:

Some things just are not that simple. We cannot draw using annotation scales.....our programing department is suck on 2006 AutoCAD because of Microvelum and the library we have will not migrate to a newer version. All of our Dimscales are setup as we note and dim everything in model space. I would love to refigure they way we do things but there is a HUGE cost involved with it. Plus some of our drafter have a hard time with change...old and cant learn new things...its sad really.....

This isn't a matter of simple, but production effectiveness.

I assure you that a competitor that is using annotative drawings is able to produce more in the same amount of time, and that will cause your employer to loose far more in the long run.

I'm not sure what economy your fellow drafters are suffering the benefit of working in, but FWIW here, you adapt, improvise, and overcome or you get replaced.

That said, it's not an overnight flip of the switch by any means, and there's something to be said for having a reasonable expectation from the outset... Fact remains, you either choose to become competitive (by this, and other means), or you will be surpassed at some point... Your (err your employer's) choice as to when.

Rarely in life is the right thing to do, the easy thing.

Those that have the [intestinal] fortitude to step up, and lead an organization to successfully accomplish those not-easy things, are often justly rewarded with additional responsibilities (which may come with compensation? Note the order there).

Just be mindful that this isn't 'friend-ness', it's business... And the latter requires candor, and thoughtfulness from those inspired by the prospect of innovation within one's chosen organization.

Good luck, should you choose to move down range, and draw fire. :beer:

Cheers

... We cannot draw using annotation scales.....

MLeaders don't have to be annotative. They can be assigned a specific scale (just like QLeaders), or they can automatically inherit the VP scale (just like QLeaders). If using the former however, you'd have to create an MLeader style for each Dimstyle, whereas QLeaders obtain their scale from the current Dimstyle. I stuck with QLeaders myself for a long time because they're just easier to create IMO, and only used MLeaders when I needed the extra "power". Eventually, I changed over to all MLeaders to make everything more consistent.

Anyway... did you get the QLeader issue resolved?

I stuck with QLeaders myself for a long time because they're just easier to create IMO, and only used MLeaders when I needed the extra "power".

Anyway... did you get the QLeader issue resolved?

While I understand that there is much to be said for Mleaders, I personally prefer Qleaders,

as I use spline leaders, and I like to be able to adjust the text proximity (it is not atttached) point, in ways which Mleader will not permit.

I'm a little fuzzy on the attachment thing... but I don't think you can keep using the spline leader thing as a reason to stick with QLeaders. ;)

MLeader Splines.gif

I'm a little fuzzy on the attachment thing... but I don't think you can keep using the spline leader thing as a reason to stick with QLeaders. ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51370[/ATTACH]

nestly, thanks for the visual, but what I meant was that I do not want to have

a predefined default landing and attachment point.

I frequently do notes on very dense drawings, where I want to be free to

use lots of different quasi-attachments positions, meaning some will be landed on the left, some on the right,

some above and some below the Mtext. My Mtexts are free agents, often generated with one of Lee Mac's awesome lisps,

which extracts the block name from an object and places the name (as Mtext) in paperspace.

The screenshot may better explain what I mean. This is not a particularly dense example, still lots of daylight,

sometimes very difficult to even find places to land the mtext without using a mask, which I try to avoid.

Qleaders with block names.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

Now I'm curious. The last (and only other) place I worked at we would type out our text then add our Qleaders. That's what I have carried over to the place I'm at now - where I'm the only drafter and can pretty much do whatever I want. Only recently have I been using Mleaders but still I would type out my text first. This seemed almost useless to me as I could still use a Qleader.

With apologies to the OP for potentially jacking his thread; here's my question: Do you Mleader users attach your text to your Mleader?

Dadgad, I really like your leader style!!! It's very flexible for congested areas and easy to keep the text as close as possible.

It's too bad that it would be extremely difficult to get over 40 users to adopt it and have it be at least be somewhat consistent from user to user.