Defining a line with many arrows following the general direction

hey all,

i was wondering if it is somehow possible to define a line style looking like the one in this screenshot? i searched around but wasn`t possible to find any solution to this problem. i am using acad 2014 and i would prefer to define the style by a color dependend plot style.

line_arrows.jpg

thank you all for your help in advance. I profited a lot from this forum just by reading but now i really need some direct support.

Perhaps you mean Linetype?

You have several options depending on whether the drawing, with your linetype is in, is to be sent to others, or if you only want it on your machine. Perhaps you could define which route you want to take (saves me typing all possibilities).

Hi eldon,

thanks for your answer, i just need it for my machine, cause i will be the one plotting all the plans for our project. i was especially looking for a way to produce linetypes like the one shown in the screenshot without having to put a lot of small triangles along the pline. if you have any idea how to define a line like this i will be very grateful for your input.

My first approach would be to see if any font would have a suitable character. If you need a special shape, you have to create a shape file, which is more complicated.

If you use the Windows Character map and check the font Symap, you will see that a capital K will give you triangle shape. Font Symeteo capital D also gives a triangle.

These shapes may be suitable. If so, create a textstyle using that particular font, so when you create the complex linetype with a letter included, you can refer to that character in the definition.

With a bit of time, I produced this. You can play around with the spacing to suit.

I called the linetype Front, because it reminds me of the meteorological Fronts

*Front,line with triangles --- ? --- ? --- ? --- ? --- ? ---
A,.5,-.27,["D",Symeteo,S=1,R=180,X=0.205,Y=0.43],-.18

Line with arrows.PNG

Thank you very much for your help aldon!!! :)

I tried to load the linetype by generating a new .lin file with ANSI encoding.

But when I want to load it in acad with the linetype manager i am told that "Bad definition of Front at line 2 of file C:\..."

Can you please tell me what I`m doing wrong?

You have to have the textstyle Symeteo already in the drawing before the linetype is loaded, otherwise it does not know where to find the character.

I find that creating a textstyle with the same name as the font is useful.

Incidentally, by using a standard font, the linetype is portable without any hassle.

Umzeichnung_A_PL02-1zu20_Detail.jpg

Thank you so much, eldon, that was exactly what i was looking for!!! coming from the grafic designers point of view i am always looking for solutions for nice styles, and step by step it turns out that nearly everything is possible in acad but its sometimes pretty difficult compared to software like adobe illustrator. but in the end its more fun to use i must confess. :D