Opening file multiple times....but not opening as read-only

rupert

At my office, we are using AutoCAD 2008LT.

Yesterday, my coworker noticed an issue where she discovered that she can open the same .dwg file multiple times, without the 2nd and so-on opening as read-only.

Obviously, this is not a good situation, as it means that more than one coworker can potentially be working on the same file.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I think either AutoCAD was not reporting them as read only or she was mistaken. Have you actually tested this "theory" to see if it is indeed what is happening?

I did test it as far as watching her open the same .dwg file 3 times, without it showing them as read-only. So it could be like you said, and AutoCAD was just not showing them that way? We didn't try to save the 2nd+ opened versions to see what would happen though.

It seems to be moot at this point though. Literally seconds after I posted, she told me that her computer is back to normal. She hasn't changed any setting or rebooted her computer or Autocad since yesterday. So I don't really know why it's working again. [shrugs] lol