Line Type Will Not Change

gsksun4

Have a drawing where the line type stays a center line instead of the layer line type of continuous. Trying to change but it doesn't. Continuous is loaded, the line type for the layer I'm working on is continuous, but line comes out center line type.

CADTUTOR.dwg

OK, I think I solved the problem. The properties mgr. was set to Linetype: Center.

I changed to continuous and it works fine now. I haven't used the prop mgr. much, but this is a new one for me. I thought the layer mgr. linetype dictated the linetype type for that layer.

Edited by gsksun4

Open your drawing that you posted and without selecting anything go to the properties panel (if it's not open press Ctrl+1) and under General set Linetype to "ByLayer". that should solve your problem.

Open your drawing that you posted and without selecting anything go to the properties panel (if it's not open press Ctrl+1) and under General set Linetype to "ByLayer". that should solve your problem.

OK, that's what I needed. It's in the bible now. Thank you Tyke and have a great day.

Glenn

Have a drawing where the line type stays a center line instead of the layer line type of continuous. Trying to change but it doesn't. Continuous is loaded, the line type for the layer I'm working on is continuous, but line comes out center line type.

[ATTACH]51107[/ATTACH]

OK, I think I solved the problem. The properties mgr. was set to Linetype: Center.

I changed to continuous and it works fine now. I haven't used the prop mgr. much, but this is a new one for me. I thought the layer mgr. linetype dictated the linetype type for that layer.

The layer property only dictates the property value IF the object property is set to By Layer. Therefore, it is the individual object property that takes precedence. However, the object property will default to By layer if you create a new object, a line for instance, without mucking about with the properties.

On the Home ribbon tab, there is a properties tile, you will see a set of properties drop down selection lists available. These are not the layer properties, but the object properties. When you create a new object, make sure the above are set to By layer if you want the current layer to set the property values. If you change one of them, it will not change back to By Layer for the next object by itself.

The layer property only dictates the property value IF the object property is set to By Layer. Therefore, it is the individual object property that takes precedence. However, the object property will default to By layer if you create a new object, a line for instance, without mucking about with the properties.

On the Home ribbon tab, there is a properties tile, you will see a set of properties drop down selection lists available. These are not the layer properties, but the object properties. When you create a new object, make sure the above are set to By layer if you want the current layer to set the property values. If you change one of them, it will not change back to By Layer for the next object by itself.

I don't use the ribbons, I use classic, but that makes sense when you spell it out like that. It's the same principal as the props mgr. setting in General to Bylayer.

Thanks very much, you folks are the best.

What Dana said is perfectly correct. My answer was just to solve your problem. Take note of everything that you learn fro here, it will only benefit you.

Thanks Dana for expanding on that. :thumbsup:

What Dana said is perfectly correct. My answer was just to solve your problem. Take note of everything that you learn fro here, it will only benefit you.

Thanks Dana for expanding on that. :thumbsup:

I always note things I learn here and it's nice we have this forum to rely on.

Thanks again to both of you and have a great day.

Glenn

Use the Ribbon, Luke. You must learn the ways of the Ribbon, if you're to come with me to Alderaan.:lol:

Dana, I trust you haven't told Daisy that you have gone over to the dark side. :huh:

Been a while, so I will use this as an excuse to post a picture of Daisy. That ear, and stare means a big can o' whup-a$$ done been opened. The tug rope succumbed to fatal injuries seconds later.

Daisy.jpg

Been a while, so I will use this as an excuse to post a picture of Daisy. That ear, and stare means a big can o' whup-a$$ done been opened. The tug rope succumbed to fatal injuries seconds later.

If she did that to the biggest and baddest tug rope you could get her, just think what she would do to the RIBBON!

If she did that to the biggest and baddest tug rope you could get her, just think what she would do to the RIBBON!
Oh, no kidding. This rope was specifically designed for very large dogs, six feet long, about 1 1/2" dia. with a huge knot at both ends as big as Daisy's huge bone head. She thought nothing of grabbing it near one end and violently shaking it while one knot was slamming her in the ribs on both sides, making a base drum noise. I mentioned to her that she was doing virtually nothing to dispel some people's irrational fear of her breed. Her reaction was to jump three feet in the air to grab the rope by the high end where I was holding it up and hang there like a smoked ham, all four feet off the ground. After a couple days, one knot is untied, the other is seriously frayed, and a lot of the twist is gone from the rope. It looks like a huge hair extension piece now.