"Edit Block Definition" Dialogue Box Confusion

KrashVegas

I'm wondering why the different blocks shown in the attached photo are named in such a way. Is this a code, or string for something, does anyone know?

I just started with a new company and have to figure out some things, this definitely being one of the many.

Thanks everyone.

ACAD edit block definition confusion.JPG

Looks like random naming but using HEX some examples A=41 K=4B, were the blocks created using a 3rd party program ?

I would just start again and use Rename to change block name back to something usefull. Save result as a Template

Looks like random naming but using HEX some examples A=41 K=4B, were the blocks created using a 3rd party program ?

I would just start again and use Rename to change block name back to something usefull. Save result as a Template

I agree BIGAL, RENAME is the way to go. If the names of the blocks don't easily convey some useful information they are pretty useless and potentially huge time wasters.

I might agree with the HEX explanation but those blocks names are not indicative of what AutoCAD might generate if one were to use copy/paste.

The Block names from "Paste As Block" start with A$C.

My guess would also be a third party program.

Do the names seem to have any relationship at all to the blocks? Such as a model number, etc.

The Block names from "Paste As Block" start with A$C.

My guess would also be a third party program.

Do the names seem to have any relationship at all to the blocks? Such as a model number, etc.

The third party program does make more sense with a little more research on my part.

OR, maybe they were downloaded off some website.

Thanks everyone for your great, timely input. I really appreciate it. Many good ideas about how these "scrambled" names came about, and I will check up on them.

Krash