saving as a .pat file

madriver

So I’ve done this many times, edited an existing .pat file in a text editor and then saved it as…(new file name) but for some reason it is not saving is as a .pat file…..? Missing something simple here….thanks for any help.

The text editor, Notepad probably, has no idea what a .pat file is. Are you typing out the FULL file name, including the .pat extension? If so, and it is still not working, you can simply do a Windows rename on it after saving. Windows of course will kvetch about the extension change with a warning message.

Thanks what it seems to be is that by doing a "save-as" from a previously edited "save-as" file it would not save as a ".pat" file. I couldn't even rename it as a .pat file. I had to go back to an original .pat file and then I could save it as a .pat file. All good and thanks again.

Bob