Need a way to bypass the initial trial period in SU Make.

Sid

Hi, gang! I would like to forgo the trial period in SU Make so as to immediately experiment with the features of the free version only (sans the added features of the full version). I'm having difficulty finding time to continue my SU "education" and need to cut to the chase.

Do you know of a way to do this? Thanx, in advance.icon7.gif

I thought Sketchup Make was free? :unsure:
It is, he just wants to skip over the trial period because the trial period has extra features of the paid version in it. I have it installed to, and after 4 months, I still have 6 1/2 hours of trial period left.:lol: I didn't come up with a way to skip the trial short of leaving the thing on screen for a few days letting the clock tick.

I didn't come up with a way to skip the trial short of leaving the thing on screen for a few days letting the clock tick.

That would be my suggestion. I know the Pro version has an 8 hour trial period, so just open it in the morning and let it sit. By the end of the day, the trial period should be done, right?

That would be my suggestion. I know the Pro version has an 8 hour trial period, so just open it in the morning and let it sit. By the end of the day, the trial period should be done, right?

That should logically work, Cad64, but, as Dana has experienced, the program seems to know when you are actively using it and when it is idle. It seems to halt its countdown when in the latter condition. (EDIT: I will give it a try, however.)

Edited by Sid
adding further comment

Yeah, I was going to expand on that. It does seem to go dormant after a length of time, maybe to stave off complaints from people who forget to close the program.

Now if I could only figure out how to use AutoCad's TIME function to help me bill people. It seems to count all the time a drawing is open and add it to Total Editing Time. I am dismayed to see frequently, several full 24 hour days of time collected, when I have actually only edited the drawing for less than one day.

That should logically work, Cad64, but, as Dana has experienced, the program seems to know when you are actively using it and when it is idle. It seems to halt its countdown when in the latter condition. (EDIT: I will give it a try, however.)

Bummer. I guess you'll just have to use it until the trial runs out. Any attempt to bypass the trial would most likely be a hack and would violate the terms of the licensing agreement.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, gang! I would like to forgo the trial period in SU Make so as to immediately experiment with the features of the free version only (sans the added features of the full version). I'm having difficulty finding time to continue my SU "education" and need to cut to the chase.

Do you know of a way to do this? Thanx, in advance.icon7.gif

Yo Sid

I think if you just change the time on your computer 8 hours ahead, that should do it. Then just change time back to current.

Dodge8)

• 1 year later...

Oh, Jeez! Something major must have come up that I never did get back to you guys. So sorry for being guilty of something I, myself, hate to encounter on a forum: a poster who gets what he wants and never bothers to update the thread with a final note. So, so, sorry. As to the resolution of the trial period, I was never able to effectively move it on and just finally gave up.