Setting depth for a section view in inventor 2015…

PCMacGuy

Hi everyone,

Trying to set a view depth in the section view. The instructions say that it's possible. But in inventor 2015 I'm having trouble finding the options that they are explaining and telling you to use.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

If I understand your question correctly I think I know what you're looking for. If so:

1-Right click on dashed section line in parent view.

2-Select "Edit Section Properties" in pop-up menu.

3-In pop menu select "Distance" in drop down "Section Depth" menu at top of window.

4-Enter desired distance in box.

If I understand your question correctly I think I know what you're looking for. If so:

1-Right click on dashed section line in parent view.

2-Select "Edit Section Properties" in pop-up menu.

3-In pop menu select "Distance" in drop down "Section Depth" menu at top of window.

4-Enter desired distance in box.

Hi JD and ConMan, The problem turned out to be the section itself. I deleted and recreated it, and it worked just like it was supposed to. Should have tried that first. Not sure what happened with the original section to cause it to not work properly. Thanks for the quick responses!