Large fillet won't work

guitarpirate

Hello,

I have a part with an arc'd side profile, and an extrusion that goes from one edge to roughly middle of the ark. Next step is a smooth transition between the profile and the top of the extrusion. Inventor is letting me do a .5mm fillet but no larger because of "complex geometry". I don't understand what the problem is, but I need at least 3-4mm fillet that goes smoothly from top surface of the part to the top of the extrusion.

I've tried different ways, don't know what else to do. Thanks for your help!

Attached:

- Screenshot with desired fillet on part marked red and orange

- Photo reference to describe roughly the look I'm going for, outer edge marked with red dots

- Inventor part zipped

ForearmLeft2.zip

fillet.jpg

reference.png

I fixed the issue you found but unfortunately it made no difference, still no go on anything beyond .5mm fillet. Not sure how you got the command to go through. I found a work-around by doing a Loft first and then applying a fillet. In that case it lets me do 4.5mm which is quite enough. Thanks for taking time to look at it!

(work-around attached for anyone interested)

If I were to delete the Loft and the Fillet at the end of attached file, take "Sketch21" and Extrude/Join All to the bottom of the part, then select two edges that go all the way around and click Fillet, I would get "too complex geometry" error again.

ForearmLeft4.zip

Try the Fillet again.

Read the error message.

What does it say to do?

....else try....

Can you think of a logical reason why it doesn't work? (then open the attached)

ForearmLeft2.zip

Have you installed Service Pack 1?