Making a solid out of a set of lines

jpap87

Hello everyone!

Here is my problem, i need to run a simulation model of a building in Fluent Ansys, the thing is i have a model in CAD of the building and i need it to be fully solid so i can convert it to .SAT and import it to the simulation program. I've browsed the forum and the web a bit and the solutions i found didn't work for me.

I need a little help.

Here's the link for downloading the file, hope it works with links from dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ncj6knkdslwagv8/Ptam.dxf?dl=0 I tried using the file manager but could only up the pic not the file, maybe is to big...

Again the idea here is to try and make this set of lines fully "closed" solid, as the simulation software is "picky" in order to make the meshing for the building.

If you need anything else, shoot on.

Thanks for the help!

Ptam.jpg

Edited by jpap87
Edited to add image, can't add CAD file

The DXF file is almost 13MB.

Indeed, it was how it was supplied to me, as it was the original was 100MB! I said to the architects that wouldn't do, i needed something simpler, that file was what they came up with.

Then someone else will have to look at it, those sites are blocked at my work.

Perhaps some items could be removed to reduce file size.

The drawing appears to me not to be "lines" rather it's made of 11,976 polyface meshes. I tried a couple of methods, but I couldn't convert it to a "Solid"

My suggestion is to go back to the source and see if they can save it as a more suitable format.

I've solved the problem, but thanks everyone for your help and attention!

Cheers!

how did you solve it? Our parent company supplies us CAD files like this (but in dwg format) & they are useless to me. I would love to be able to convert them to solids/

how did you solve it? Our parent company supplies us CAD files like this (but in dwg format) & they are useless to me. I would love to be able to convert them to solids/

The file mentioned here, originally came in .dwg as well but it was changed to .dxf when it was meant to be "solidified" which never was, and it was in that format that i shared it here. Unfortunately i only solved the problem redrawing the drawing in another 3D program and rebuilding it, only then was i able to import it into the simulation program i'm using.

The file mentioned here, originally came in .dwg as well but it was changed to .dxf when it was meant to be "solidified" which never was, and it was in that format that i shared it here. Unfortunately i only solved the problem redrawing the drawing in another 3D program and rebuilding it, only then was i able to import it into the simulation program i'm using.

Thanks for the information :)