Problem doing a Dual install of AC2014 and AC2015 for Archibus

wsucad

In the past I have always had two versions of AutoCAD installed on my system. One for straight AutoCAD work and the other for Archibus CAD Overlay work. Last time I did this I had AutoCAD 2010 and AutoCAD 2009 installed.

Now that Autodesk has changed their educational licensing and our facilities department no longer qualifies for educational pricing (we now get government pricing) I have to do some new installs. I have to do new installs of AutoCAD because I got a brand new CPU. I installed AutoCAD 2015 and when I went to install AutoCAD 2014 (I even Specified a separate directory for the install then the 2015 directory) the program booted me out saying I have to uninstall 2015 before I install 2014.

Does anyone know a work around? Should I have installed 2014 before 2015? Should I try and even older version (I can go back as far as 2012)? Should I just become Amish and forget about all technology?

Huh, I installed 2014 and then installed the Archibus win client 1st and then the 64-bit version of overlay client. I made sure both were working before I installed 2015. So I guess yes to your question. Did your Archibus reseller assist with the installation?

If I understand correct your Archibus is only for 2014 as a teaching centre there is probbaly not enough significant difference that students would know about so why not stay all 2014 till you can upgrade your Archibus. I would have installed 2014 first then 2015 it should work. I have though had a couple of funny things happen doing this.

Is the problem only in the Autocad versus Archibus if thats the case then set up two different desktop icons one for Autocad the other Archibus its about saving ARG's and profiles. We have autocad and CIV3D and Autoturn as seperate ones.

Oh we also lost our edu discount and being a private university we did not qualify for state discount. We did get a 40% 1 time discount. Ouch! $22k+ up front.