Rendered Image is Washed Out

msanto64

I am using ACAD 2015 and I'm trying to get a presentation quality rendering for use on my company's website. As you can see in the attachment, my rendered image seems very washed out. The two large filters you see are black and I've assigned the material Urethane Finish to those items. However, they look very pale, almost gray in the rendered image. If I darken the background, it seems to render better, but I want the lighter background. I've tried adjusting the exposure, but that doesn't seem to help. Here are my rendering settings:

LIGHTINGUNITS: 2

SUNSTATUS: 1

SKY & BACKGROUND ILLUMINATION: ON

FULL SHADOWS

MATERIALS/TEXTURES: ON

FINAL GATHER: ON

GLOBAL ILLUMINATION: ON

EXPOSURE TYPE: AUTOMATIC

SHADOW MODE: SIMPLE

SHADOW MAP: OFF

The settings of the Urethane Finish are:

COLOR: RGB 0,0,0

IMAGE FADE: 0

GLOSSINESS: 77

HIGHLIGHTS: Non-Metallic

REFLECTIVITY: Direct: 13, Oblique: 80

Any help or advise is appreciated.

Thanks.

Duplex Six Bag-ISO2.jpg

Your materials are all highly reflective and they are reflecting the background color which is making everything look washed out. Try reducing the reflectivity of your materials.

You could also darken the background, render the scene and then take your render into Photoshop and remove the dark background and replace it with a lighter one.