How to import OCR B Font into textstyle

Tekkieflippo

Hi fellow designers!

Basically i want to 3D print a series of stamps (fysical stamps with ink). Most steps on how to to this, i've already managed to figure out.

However i need to work with OCR B font style characters on the stamp (required by legislation).

I Don't see this font inside the list of possible fonts when i define or change a textstyle...

On the internet i have already found the font (alas never for free, does anyone know where to get it for free?)

In what format does the font have to be? How can i make it appear in the list at "font style" checkbox? Do i need to put it in a certain subfolder or searchpath?

Thanx for your attention 'n input!

Tekkieflippo

I'll take a wild guess and say that in all likelihood you found a TrueType font (file extension .ttf) not a .SHX font file. Depending on the version of Windows you are running you might have to "install" the font. Once you do however it should appear on the list of all the other fonts one will see when creating text styles in AutoCAD.

The FontZone lists OCR-B Regular as being available for free download. The file name is ocrb.ttf (a TrueType font). I've never used FontZone so I cannot vouch for their file downloads.

Worked perfectly so now i'm working in OCR B font!! Though i put my new éstyle" in backwards mode (it is a stamp so it needs to be backwords and mirrored). With "Express Tools" i've explode the font to make actual geometry from it. I want to extrude it, to make it 3D so i can print. After exploding, i lose the mirrored effect and it is no longer backwards :-(

Any suggestions?

Tanx

Worked perfectly so now i'm working in OCR B font!! Though i put my new éstyle" in backwards mode (it is a stamp so it needs to be backwords and mirrored). With "Express Tools" i've explode the font to make actual geometry from it. I want to extrude it, to make it 3D so i can print. After exploding, i lose the mirrored effect and it is no longer backwards :-(

Tanx

Then just mirror the resulting geometry to the way you need it.

Ok Dana, tanx, but i would like to automate this as i will have to make numerous stamps...

I was seeing it like: just open a file, type the name of the employee and the social securit number and some other basic info, and it would produce me a 3d file, ready to be saved in .stl and hence, ready to send to my printer...

Ok Dana, tanx, but i would like to automate this as i will have to make numerous stamps...

I was seeing it like: just open a file, type the name of the employee and the social securit number and some other basic info, and it would produce me a 3d file, ready to be saved in .stl and hence, ready to send to my printer...

Ok, well. Seven posts later, that is totally new information, isn't it.

Maybe you thought magic could be used?

Since AutoCAD does not have a built in command that will do the job in one click then the only other alternative is a custom lisp routine. Until then you're faced with doing it manually.

A good template will get most of the job done.

Set it up so that you don't have to use the backwards option in the style.

Once that is done, you open the file, type the information, explode, extrude, and export.

The last three steps could probably be coded but how much time would that really save? Would it affect how much work you get done in a day?

Indeed, i was thinking about using some kind of a macro. I m going to try that. I keep you guys posted. Tanx for the input!

Just extruding and exporting / saving in .stl doesn't take time and isn't worth the pain of involving lisp probably.

Grtz :D

Robdraw, can you be a little more specific on setting up the template without involving any backwards style? Like a template that mirrors everything by default?