Layer Tab missing ACAD 2015

XK3V1N

Hi,

I am new to ACAD 2015.

I do not know how to activate the "Layers" tab, all I see is the "Layers & View" tab. Could you please advise me?

Thanks,

Kevin

Umm, I don't have 15, yet, so I haven't seen a layers tab. Are you sure that is a thing? Any way, you can activate tabs by right clicking on the ribbon and selecting.

Hi,

I am new to ACAD 2015.

I do not know how to activate the "Layers" tab, all I see is the "Layers & View" tab. Could you please advise me?

Thanks,

Kevin

There is no Layer Tab, but there is a Layer Panel. The layer panel including the manager button, and the layer selection drop down list, and all the usual layer control buttons are on the Home Tab, right about smack in the middle. If you don't see it, right click the Tab Bar just about anywhere, click Show Panels and click Layers on.

A rudimentary annotation panel is to its left, and a rudementary block panel to its right.

Hmmmm. Layers & View tab? I don't have one of those. Maybe there is a difference between what full AutoCad has & the LT ribbon. At any rate, right clicking a toolbar/ribbon, palette will get you a bunch of stuff you can turn on and off.

I didn't see that (Layers and View tab) either when I was looking at screen shots of the 2015 ribbon. Maybe it's a Mac thing.

nestly just barely beat me to the Mac part.

I didn't see that (Layers and View tab) either when I was looking at screen shots of the 2015 ribbon. Maybe it's a Mac thing.

nestly just barely beat me to the Mac part.

What's a Mac?

You are in a 3D workspace, change to a 2D such as Drafting and Annotation, then you will see the Layers Panel.

Thank you, that did it! haha