Dual install Civil 3d 2015 and Civil 3d 2012 - licensing issue

gharnd1

I'm working in a deskside support position and have a client that recently had Civil 3d 2015 installed when she already had Civil 3d 2012. The install went ok, and the 2015 version works. When she opens 2012 now however, she receives this error message "The security system (softlock license manager) is notfunctioning or improperly installed."

This is part of a small test project with our AutoCAD group and we are not even sure yet if the two can co-exist.

Since newer versions of software sometimes update/change older versions, would it make sense to now re-install civil 2012?

So far this is the only one of these tickets that I have seen, out of ten workstations that had the new install.

Are both versions licensed to allow them both to be installed concurrently?

Assuming they're both properly licensed, you can install both on the same computer and either should run fine.

Regarding the error message, the Flexnet license manager may be bad/corrupt/or need updating. To reset, simply rename or delete the file. Just have your license and product numbers on hand because you'll have to reactivate your Autodesk products. details in the Autodesk Knowledgebase --> HERE

I would not attempt to uninstall/reinstall 2012 unless you also plan on uninstalling/reinstalling 2015. Always install them in order if possible.