Help Identifying Dimensions of a Piece within a Drawing

bobingham

Hello. For my CAD assignment, I have been given the dimensions of a slide cap (see picture below). I was able to create the piece...with the exception of the part which I indicated with a red arrow. I see no dimensions provided for it. So if anyone could explain to me what parts of the drawing I need to look at to understand this part, I would really appreciate it! For my class we are using NX9 to generate the slide cap.

Slide.jpgpencil.png

That is simply a slot cut along the center of the thing, then duplicated down one end at an angle. The width and depth of the slot are shown in the section view. The rest if the dimensions are there, for instance that angle I mentioned.

Keep in mind that this is a hollow piece with walls only about 0.20 thick. What do you think happens when one machines a slot as deep as this one through material as thin as that. The depth of the slot and the thickness of the walls will account for the features you see inside the slot by your arrow.

....Keep in mind that this is a hollow piece with walls only about 0.20 thick. ...

Where are you getting this dimension?

Slide Cap.PNG

Slide Cap Sketch1.jpg