• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PowerJunkie

• Dana W

• nestly

• magmor99

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think fillet only works at adjoining vertices. Circles have none. Best case might be the circles' quadrant snap points. You probably need to draw an arc using the TTR option, [tangent/tangent/radius].

Hi Dana W,

I tried that as you suggested and I'm not having any luck.

Hi magmor99,

That makes sense and I tried to trim the inside circles without any luck.

I know at this point I must sound like a SUPER NOOB but I'm not. I'm very proficient in Esprit, it's really easy for me to complete these SIMPLE tasks (and even some pretty complex stuff like involutes) but I'm new with AutoCAD. All my searching online for 2 days has come up zilch.

ANY help here is VERY MUCH appreciated! I have to finish this design and dimension it out (I can dimension with AutoCAD).

THANK YOU!!

Actually, not. I trim with non-planar objects all the time.
Ah, um cough cough. I can too. Change that to "that would explain why they will not fillet."

Non-coplanar objects will trim, but they won't fillet, right? I don't know why they didn't trim for the OP. At least that sounds like what they said. Maybe they just meant no ultimate success.

It seems rather odd to have the geometry in Paperspace and the dimensions in Modelspace, but putting that aside, I have no issues FILLETing after TRIM.

TRIM-FILLET.gif

Nesty, that is very cool how you made that, thank you!!

There is something obviously wrong with my settings or something, because I'm not able to trim at all to start with... I'm doing exactly as shown, and it just wont work. I'll keep trying ...

Thanks again!!!

I'd be interested too in knowing why your dimensions are in model space but your geometry is in your layout. Did you mistakenly switch the two? Normally, it would be the other way around. Another option would be to keep everything (geometry, text and dimensions) in model space and only have your title block/border and any associated text in the layout.

Is it possible that your are attempting the trim and fillet operations while model space is active?

My AutoCAD wont let me do a thing with this. I sent it off to my co-worker who designs gages with AutoCAD and his comment is "Tried to edit the drawing and it seems to be locked, AutoCAD won’t let me do anything with it."

What are we doing wrong is what I'm asking myself...

The viewport may be locked but that would only affect the dimension which is over in model space. It would have no bearing on the geometry that sits in the layout.

Perhaps your coworker didn't expect the geometry to be in PS, which might be construed as being "locked" when trying to select or modify the objects from Modelspace.

Perhaps your coworker didn't expect the geometry to be in PS, which might be construed as being "locked" when trying to select or modify the objects from Modelspace.

+1 I tried to trim and couldn't select the objects. I did not realize he was in Paperspace until I zoomed out and double-clicked out of the viewport.

Success!! I re-did everything within the "Model" tab and SUCCESS!! :)

I chose the "Layout" tab because of the white background. I don't know. I've used Layers in Esprit ... it's just different.

Thanks everyone :)