Contour Roll Command creatiion failed.?? What?? why?? Inventor 2014

Sengna

I tried to use the contour roll but i got this error message on the pic below, can any one tell me how to decrease bend radius? where can i find the option? screenshot would be great. thanks

Error said:

"Sheet Metal: ContourRoll Creation failed.

Part1: Errors occurred during update

The attempted operation did not produce a meaningful result. Try with different inputs.

Try decreasing bend radius

Contour Roll1: Could not build this Contour Roll"

Contour roll error.jpg

Before I answer the question -

I do not see ANY dimensions on your sketch?

I actually turned off the dim visibility since i know how. sometime they're very annoy.

Edited by Sengna

I will continue on this fishing expedition for information that could have all been revealed by simply attaching the file here.

In any case - it might help you reach logical deduction of why it isn't working.

Hint: What is your sheet Thickness set to?

Hint #2: What is 2*Thickness+Thickness?

Hint#3: What is Bendradius?

Weird, on the sheet metal rule, i want to set to like 10GA SS 25MM* but i don't have to drop down list for me to choose one on the default, how can i import in? The thickness is set to .500mm, where can i find the bend radius?

SM RUle.jpg

Interesting, on the sheet metal rule dialog, when i changed to Default_mm and it works. the question i have is that where can i select the 10GA SS 25MM*???

Centroid cylinder.jpg

Default Bend Radius value is the same as sheet metal Thickness.

The problem in your original post is the bends were therefore too big for this small part - they would have intersected with no logical solution in the real world.

Lesson: Dimensions are important. I rarely hide them and only when I have a lot of sketches - never on something this simple.