VIEWBASE Problem with selection

danielk

In some cases when i change the model, i update the views in layout and when in case i added new parts to model i double click on the projection and then choose "select" > then i add the new parts and the view is update with them .

the problem is that in some files i cant select new parts that i added , all the rest working fine , like creating projections , changing scale , show hidden line etc...

Thanks

VIEWBASE has changed a little each year since it was introduced in 2012. Your profile says AutoCAD2011. Could you update your profile, and/or clarify which release of AutoCAD you're using.

You somehow broke it Daniel. Viewbase is much more robust in Autocad2015, but it still has problems on occasion. Here are some things to try to get a unresponsive viewbase object back.

• Recover the drawing.. Errors in the model can cause viewbase to lose associations.
  • Make a new viewbase object that includes ALL objects. Just put it off to the side somewhere. This will force the other viewbase objects to reassociate the model data. (only works in 2015)
  • Xref's and blocks can cause problems with the viewbase objects if an xref/block was edited extensively. Try detaching, purging the drawing, and reattaching the xref. Binding the object will sometimes work, but that is messy.

whats different in 2015?

thanks

In 2014 if you lost a viewbase association you had to recreate the view (best case scenerio, worst case you would lose all the viewbase objects on the page layout). 2015 will reassociate broken views, usually automatically, but sometimes you need to put a complete view somewhere on the page. Even if it's just temporary to fix the broken view.

Maybe others can chime in.

• 2 weeks later...

What version are you saving to? We had a problem with VIEWBASE when we were saving back to a 2010 format. We're on 2014 and since we switched to the 2013 format we haven't had nearly as many problems with it.